Travel Please share your recent experiences with the Turks & Caicos

My hubby and I want to head to Turks in July for a few days. Can anyone recommend any good hotels? Also I was reading there was a hurricane there a few years ago, how are the beaches and area since? Thanks so much any advice is appreciated!

We stayed at the Seven Stars Grace Bay Resort. The hotel was nice, the service was great and the beach is stunning. Besides the amenities, the hotel was conveniently located a short block away from a market and there's some nearby shops as well, including a rental car agency. The beaches at Grace Bay are all gorgeous and there's a bunch of hotels in this area (so as far as the beach goes, you can't go wrong). I was there last year - wouldn't mind going back there!

Here's the hotel website: http://www.sevenstarsgracebay.com/

Last edited:
We stayed at the Seven Stars Grace Bay Resort. The hotel was nice, the service was great and the beach is stunning. Besides the amenities, the hotel was conveniently located a short block away from a market and there's some nearby shops as well, including a rental car agency. The beaches at Grace Bay are all gorgeous and there's a bunch of hotels in this area (so as far as the beach goes, you can't go wrong). I was there last year - wouldn't mind going back there!

Here's the hotel website: http://www.sevenstarsgracebay.com/

Thanks def one of my choices! Is the food expensive in the restaurant? I'm wondering if I should do an all inclusive resort?

Thanks def one of my choices! Is the food expensive in the restaurant? I'm wondering if I should do an all inclusive resort?

I vaguely remember even the outdoor bar food being pricey. My memory is atrocious. But I think their breakfast was complimentary (and it's a pretty decent breakfast bar - downside is it's the same stuff everyday). Since the rooms had a kitchen (it had a stove, sink, microwave, pots/pans, etc), we'd often just go to the nearby market. Or, we'd rent a car for the day to go to other beaches or try the local cuisine. I loved Da Conch Shack (the place is kind of run down but the food was delish and the view was nice).

If you want to stick close by to your hotel, all inclusive may make sense.

We did a long walk up the beach past many resorts from our hotel. They all looked very nice or at least decent. There were a couple that looked more family oriented (the beaches were also more kid-friendly in terms of swimming). I think it's hard to go wrong there ;) Hmm, writing about it is bringing back happy memories. You will certainly enjoy your time there!

I went to T&C 8 years ago and it was expensive for food then but I still would not do an all-inclusive. It was easy to get around the island (Provo) and we had fun renting a jeep. It's not the type if island to be tied to a resort. It's way too much fun to explore it - safe, beautiful and everyone was so friendly.

I went a few years ago. Grace Bay is gorgeous. One of the most beautiful beaches I've ever been on. The food on the island is delicious. I would not do an all inclusive. There's tons of great restaurants, many within walking distance of the hotels.

Turks and Caicos is AMAZING, my favorite beach vacation ever. My husband and I rented a gorgeous villa on the beach. I always prefer villas over hotels. I wouldn't recommend all inclusive there are so many great restaurants to try. It is a very, very expensive island but so worth it. Seven Stars restaurant is way overrated and over priced imo.

Last edited:
My favorite hotels are (in order):

The Estates section of Grace Bay Club (more lux than the regular sections)
Regent Palms
Gansevoort
Seven Stars

I would NOT stay at an all-inclusive there.

I stayed at Beaches a few years ago. All inclusive. Didn't have to leave the resort at all. Lots of activities to do on site. 8-10 different restaurants to choose from. I'd go back just for the food.