Please share your experience with Vache Liegee

PERSONALLY, I don't love this leather as much as others. It does keep it's shape but I much prefer Box, Chamonix and Chevre for more rigid leather options.
I just don't care for the "hand" of the leather and it's feel.
I've heard it will last like box does but this leather comes with a premium.
Only YOU will know if you love it!!

ITA!!! I still prefer chevre, box, chamonix, and togo over vl.

Thanks so much sellmysoul and allaboutnice. It is so great to get the users perspective. Sellmysoul please post your beauty if you can! I couldn't post pix until I became part of this forum and another nice pfer walked me through!

I'd be happy too! Give me a little time and I'll try to get the bag in different light. Black can be so hard to photograph with shadows and all. Be back in a little while....maybe an hour?

I had the GM Colorado bag in toile/liegee and used it all last summer. I was not careful with it at all and wore it in the pouring rain and tossed it around A LOT. Rain does not hurt this leather at all and after all my abuse the leather looked like new except for the top corner where my arm rubbed against it constantly..it started to get a patina. I also saw a very well use travel HAC in gold Liegee and it looked amazing...

Hope this helps with your research. Now if I can only learn how to watermark!

Attachments

• DSCF0871.JPG
    DSCF0871.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCF0872.JPG
    DSCF0872.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 147
  • DSCF0873.JPG
    DSCF0873.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCF0875.JPG
    DSCF0875.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCF0876-1.JPG
    DSCF0876-1.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 252
sellmysoul - that looks great, the texture of VL looks wonderful on your Birkin, thanks for the photos; I'm going to take some more pics of my VL Kelly in daylight tomorrow (if we get any light, been shrouded in fog all day today)

I'm trying to post a pic of the indigo bolide I just sold...but it's not working for some reason!

Vache liegee in the bolide is very rigid -- the leather appeared to be EXTREMELY durable and I felt it would be a good investment...showed no markings to the outside at all (I didn't own it that long but still:smile: )...I can see why some people don't care for it as much as some leathers...it was quite shiny...but I did like it...

Oh darn can't get the pic up! Sorry

I was shopping in H Chicago on Thursday and saw a girl carrying a 31cm Rouge H VL Bolide with PH. I thought it was gorgeous. It definitely had a bit of shine to it. I would maybe describe it as togo with slightly smaller grain, a bit of shine and more rigidity. Rouge H in this leather definitely has a bit of a brown tone to it compared to other leathers. I would say if anyone likes Rouge H to look a bit brown versus deep red, this is the leather for you.

attachment.php

thanks so much, Sellmy soul! It is a beauty!