Please ID this BV - Style, Color, Age - Post here!

Depends on the tag. What kind is it? Post the photo here and we might be able to help.
Thank you! Here is it.

I just snagged it for $150. I've never seen a BV in canvas, but I popped in a low bid for grins and was the only bidder. It was one of those moments when I accidentally bought something I really don't need, but for the price, who can complain!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 6.20.19 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 6.20.19 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: Euclase
Hi!
I inherited two Bottega bags from my grandmother when she passed. They smell like leather and I think they are from the 80s? My grandparents went to Europe a lot in the 80s so maybe she got them there.

The black one has tags in it and looks brand new. The inside is like satin.

The blue isn’t as in good condition but still really good but no tags. The inside is suede.

Any help or insight would be appreciated!

Thanks!

IMG_5932.jpegIMG_5934.jpegIMG_5936.jpegIMG_5938.jpegIMG_5941.jpegIMG_5944.jpegIMG_5942.jpegIMG_5939.jpegIMG_5935.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5943.jpeg
    IMG_5943.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 4
Made for outlet bags are done in whatever colour the factory feels like making. They do colours that sell. They do not follow seasonal colours. They make bags like Capri Totes in Hot Pink (presumably but not necessarily Rosa Shock) for sale in outlets every single year. Same thing for the Tote bags with the intrecciato sides that have the zipper on top. The boutique version of the bag came in whatever seasonal colour was offered - the outlet version (with the zipper) is available in colours that sell well in outlets. Unless you are buying what I would call a boutique transfer - as in bags that were left over at the end of the season - there is little guarantee of knowing what season/colour a made for outlet bag is, since those bags don't technically come to boutiques seasonally.
All anyone can say with absolute certainly is that your bag was made after Spring 2012 and its some shade of blue. What country it was actually purchased in, for what price, and what colour, is only something Bottega Veneta inventory control can answer with a scan of the authenticity tag. :flowers:
Hi! I hope it's okay I'm replying to such an old post from you. Is there any way to distinguish between boutique transfers and bags made specifically for outlets? Are there tell-tale signs (apart from the canvas vs suede lining)? Wondering if the "outlet" stamps on a bag with suede lining means transfer or not.

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.31.41.png

Last edited:
Hi! I hope it's okay I'm replying to such an old post from you. Is there any way to distinguish between boutique transfers and bags made specifically for outlets? Are there tell-tale signs (apart from the canvas vs suede lining)? Wondering if the "outlet" stamps on a bag with suede lining means transfer or not.

View attachment 5977409
This would have been sold in boutiques and then transferred to the outlet at the end of the season. It’s from 2006/2007 - Resort ‘06 maybe? I remember seeing these at the outlet in Palm Springs In Fall 2007. *if it is the Marquise Tote that I think it is.

• Love
Reactions: Rhuaidh
This would have been sold in boutiques and then transferred to the outlet at the end of the season. It’s from 2006/2007 - Resort ‘06 maybe? I remember seeing these at the outlet in Palm Springs In Fall 2007. *if it is the Marquise Tote that I think it is.
It is!! Thank you so much :heart: seriously, I'm always in awe of your vast knowledge. Thanks so much for sharing it so generously! :heart:

Reactions: V0N1B2
  • Love
Reactions: Evergreen602