please help me understand this ONE ASPECT OF SNIPPING ive tried reading,,,

o thank you thank you for being SO helpfuL! :smile: you are amazing! I just did it and set it all up AHH im so nervous i have to win haha :smile: but i REALLY hope it doesnt go up to my MAX bid that would be depressing ! :smile:

i will keep you guys posted thanks so much! :smile:

And we're all crossing our fingers for you, Bessie! I don't know a thing about sniping, but I hope you get it for opening bid!

If you don't get this one, another will come around... for an even better price, so don't stress & have faith! The kooba angels are all in your corner, lol!

hehe thank you rosenpetals!!!! my poor ruined kooba better be my karma to win the new one! :smile:

(btw did that thing with the Lena buyer ever work itself out!)

Isn't it great to find a bag that you just love?
not so great to then to have it pick up color....but great again to have someone offer to pay for a replacement? You are being tested by the Higher Powers or something....and you will rise to the challenge & there will be good things that will come out of this trial.

(did I tell you i'm a fortune cookie writer in my spare time?)Seriously, this all happened for a reason, and things will work out for the best.

Lena buyer hasn't been heard from since I last posted. No news is good news?

:sad: i didnt win it and i cried :sad:

I was so in love with this bag and stupid gap shirt ruined it

thank goodness for them taking responsibility and paying for it

but i cant get another

this was my only shot and someone bought it out from under me, i dont get it

my snipe was set at $400!!!!! and i was also bidding live against the person and i was the highest bidder till near the end and then they won it for $400,,,but i had my snipe thing set to do just that

and in bid history it says i placed a bid of $400 which must have been thru the snipe cause i didnt type that amt in when i was doing it live AND it says in the bid history my bid of $400 came right after theirs but i guess they get it cause it was 1st?

i dunno i have decided i hate ebay i hate sniping i hate everying!!!!

ok maybe a little xtreme but i am devistated and i dont even know what to do

ive called lovinmybags like 10 times left msgs each time and she hasnt called me back not once

so i cant get it fixed cause i cant get her on the phone

and so i have nothing i can do except be so sad that my beloved bag is gone :sad:

Oh i'm so sorry sweety! The bidding went rather high though! Just think of it this way: whoever was bidding against you was just willing to pay a lot more than you wanted to, but don't worry, there are many bags in the sea and I am sure that a similar bag, if not the same bag, will come across your path and for less.

I mean, also think that if you had won it at $400, you'd be sitting, thinking 'perhaps i spent too much on it' since you did say you didn't want to pay more than $350. handbag karma exists!

p.s. I believe there is a gustto ss with your name on it!

Oh no, I am sorry to hear this. I think amiekbs8 is a woman of wise words but I understand that right now it doesn't seem likely that another one will come along. But I too have had interest in really unusual/rare items that I've lost on Ebay only for them to show up again when I least expect it. Make it a favourite search term, keep your eyes open, tell everyone you can think of what you're looking for and don't give up!

Ugh, I'm sorry!

You know, that's one thing that isn't really a good thing to do-bid while waiting for the sniper. It jacks the bid up unecessarily.

Anyway again I'm sorry, I'll keep you in mind and if I ever see that bag anywhere again I'll be sure to let you know!

:sad: i didnt win it and i cried :sad:

Slush, I'm sorry for you, this sucks big time! There is one thing though that you should absolutely not do when you are sniping: bid "live". As somebody already said, the whole point of sniping is the surprise effect. Neither the seller nor other buyers know that you have interest in the auction until the very end. Whereas if you bid through the last hours of the auction you show your interest and other buyers will be aware of the existance of other bidders. I know that it's a very debated question and it's unfair for the sellers, because sniping sometimes keeps prices low, but the whole point of sniping, as the term implies, is that you "lay low" until the end of the auction and let the sniper do its job by itself. Another tip is that you don't set the sniper to a round amount, say 350 ore 400$, but an "unexpected" amount that is only a little higher, say 403 or 405$. Sometimes this helps winning because many bidders tend to use a round amount and so even a minimally higher bid can win!
Now I get off my soapbox for good. I hope next time you will be luckier :yes:

i was also bidding live against the person

That's why you lost- when you were bidding manually at the last hour all you were doing was driving the price up and giving the other bidder time to regroup and bid higher. If you had just let to snipe service do if for you, the other person would have entered a lower bid and been the high bidder until the last 10 seconds or so when your bid would be sniped in to make you the final high bidder, thus not allowing the other bidder time to make a counter bid.

Doh! I was getting excited just reading this thread from the beginning and was hoping you won. So sorry you lost! :sad:

You should have left it to the sniper. :yes:

Even though your sniper was set up to bid a max of $400, the other person bidding manually would have entered the amount before you. By the time your sniper placed the bid (8 seconds before the auction ended?), it pushed the price up to $400. Because the other person bid before you, they won. Hope that makes sense!

There will another!

Even though your sniper was set up to bid a max of $400, the other person bidding manually would have entered the amount before you. By the time your sniper placed the bid (8 seconds before the auction ended?), it pushed the price up to $400. Because the other person bid before you, they won.

Yes, technically you would have lost in any case, but usually if you pretend not to be interested in an auction other bidders might choose a lower maximum bid, thinking that there are no contenders... BTW, I also lost auctions because my maximum bid, even by sniping, was too low... it happens! :crybaby: