Please help me identify my dream dress!!

lizlikeshugs

Jun 11, 2006
OK, this is rather pathetic, because I saw this dress years ago in 1999/2000. It was a gown by MaxMara and it was GORGEOUS!

It had a black sleeveless top that was attached to the cream silk skirt below. It also had some black silk pattern up the right side that reminded me of Chinese calligraphy paintings.

It was priced at $1500. I saw it at the MaxMara store at South Coast Plaza in Orange County, California.

Does anyone remember this gown? I've been trying to at least find a photo of it or something because I still dream of it:love:

ahhhh, even Vogue on their catwalk shows only goes back to 2001 so I am not sure how you are going to get a picture of it from back in 99. Maybe email maxmara and ask if they keep a record of previous collections and you may be able to find the picture and have a similar dress made for you? I imagine the chances of a dress from 99 coming up on ebay are small. Best of luck.

Try firstview.com, this website lists the S/S and A/W shows from the last 10 years. Depending on which collection it is, you may need to pay a fee to view the pictures. Good luck finding the dress. :smile: