PLEASE HELP - I bought a fake from the LV Store!!

Lvbabydoll said:
True...but based on the pictures you showed, the bag was authentic. Everything checked out 100% and that's the way it's supposed to look. In fact, I'd be MORE paranoid if it DIDN'T look like that. The symbols aren't supposed to line up perfectly..but in the end if an Epi Speedy will make you happy, then get it. But just know that every PFer here has authenticated your bag and no one has had any doubt whatsoever about it being real.

I agree with lvbabydoll. I have a Speedy 30, too, and it looks exactly like that, and it is 100% authentic.

the fakes having better quality than the original :roflmfao: those superfakes can't be made by children in sweatshops, can they?

To be honest I can understand why they buy them, if not even the brands staff is able to tell them apart... what does a consumer care about where his/her money goes. And given the above fact (better quality) the brands should really work out some extra benefits or make the quality better...

After re-reading the whole thread I wonder if you were worried because you've been burned on ebay or somewhere that you got a fake when you thought it was authentic-if thats the case then I am sorry if I sounded harsh because one bitten twice shy. My Speedy 35 is 5 years old (but new to me!)so posting pics wouldn't help but from what I see yours is def authentic.

nativenydesigns said:
After re-reading the whole thread I wonder if you were worried because you've been burned on ebay or somewhere that you got a fake when you thought it was authentic-if thats the case then I am sorry if I sounded harsh because one bitten twice shy. My Speedy 35 is 5 years old (but new to me!)so posting pics wouldn't help but from what I see yours is def authentic.

I don't think you were too harsh. The thing is I think everyone on here was kind to take time out to humor this person. You clearly have the patience of Job. I guess I'm just not understanding why she really thought the actual LV store would sell a fake. I mean COME ON. I really just thought this person wanted some attention to be quite frank about it.

nathansgirl1908 said:
I don't think you were too harsh. The thing is I think everyone on here was kind to take time out to humor this person. You clearly have the patience of Job. I guess I'm just not understanding why she really thought the actual LV store would sell a fake. I mean COME ON. I really just thought this person wanted some attention to be quite frank about it.

:roflmfao: it must be the meds!

nathansgirl1908 said:

I agree!

Since Classwhore mentioned her previous posts, I went there to read the one that discusses the political issues behind buying luxury brands. It made me examine why I have never thought too deeply about where the bag actually comes from. If I say I support the intellectual property rights of LVMH, I am not sure exactly whose political interest I'm supporting. If I buy a fake bag, I'm also not sure whose political interest I'm supporting. I feel horrible for missing this, and I guess I deserve to get a fake if I have no clue what goes on behind the scenes of the bags. I feel like somehow in ignoring this fact I have drawn a line directly to this experience. I live in LA, and I usually feel like living here is almost always contingent on your appearance. But there are a lot of different interpretations of beauty here that arise as a sort of diatribe against the "mainstream" ideal that Hollywood feeds to the rest of the world. Which make the shallow mess a very interesting culture. LV obviously means something different than I thought it did, so I'll take some time to think about that.

soshesaid said:
Since Classwhore mentioned her previous posts, I went there to read the one that discusses the political issues behind buying luxury brands. It made me examine why I have never thought too deeply about where the bag actually comes from. If I say I support the intellectual property rights of LVMH, I am not sure exactly whose political interest I'm supporting. If I buy a fake bag, I'm also not sure whose political interest I'm supporting. I feel horrible for missing this, and I guess I deserve to get a fake if I have no clue what goes on behind the scenes of the bags. I feel like somehow in ignoring this fact I have drawn a line directly to this experience. I live in LA, and I usually feel like living here is almost always contingent on your appearance. But there are a lot of different interpretations of beauty here that arise as a sort of diatribe against the "mainstream" ideal that Hollywood feeds to the rest of the world. Which make the shallow mess a very interesting culture. LV obviously means something different than I thought it did, so I'll take some time to think about that.

it's not only LV and not only bags. people live behind a veil of ignorance because it is more comfortable to them, might be disastrous in the future though... what I want to say is that you shouldn't be the only one to feel bad, nor should this be the only issue to make you feel bad. but after all one can use that as excuse not to feel bad at all...