Tech Pixel phone

I currently still am in love with my Galaxy S5, and I am not under any contract right now, which saves me about 30 bucks a month on Verizon. I believe I will be getting a Pixel for my next phone but will wait a few more months to hear more reviews about it and to get a deal through a promotion which always happens. I like the fact that there is no bloatware and the camera is supposed to be awesomely good.

Has anyone bought the new google pixel phone? Curious to see what your thoughts are

I really appreciate the stock Android experience. There are some parts of the Android landscape that are vastly superior to iOS, small details that really surface after using it extensively for a while. For example, when in an app that requires an SMS code confirmation, the operating system will automatically recognize and fill in the 6 digit code into the app, without having to switch to messages and back into the app. Also, the phone dialer scans incoming calls against an existing spam call database and warns you if a call is likely to be a solicitation.

The battery life appears to be better than on the iPhone and the app switching is also quicker.

Reactions: uhpharm01
The Google Pixel has a fantastic camera, especially in low light. It's elegantly designed. Google Assistant takes one of the most natural, human approaches to answering your voice.The best version of Android.

I really appreciate the stock Android experience. There are some parts of the Android landscape that are vastly superior to iOS, small details that really surface after using it extensively for a while. For example, when in an app that requires an SMS code confirmation, the operating system will automatically recognize and fill in the 6 digit code into the app, without having to switch to messages and back into the app. Also, the phone dialer scans incoming calls against an existing spam call database and warns you if a call is likely to be a solicitation.

The battery life appears to be better than on the iPhone and the app switching is also quicker.

What flavor of Android are you using? I'm on Nougat, but none of the things you mention I've noticed on mine. I'm running Lineage OS, which is an enhanced version of stock, but often doesn't have some of the extras due to lack of dev support or public interest to push it up the priority chain for inclusion of the next ROM update.
While I will always run Android, I feel the Google offerings are always missing something, or are a tad overpriced when compared to offerings from Huawei or OnePlus. Honestly, at this point, I'm still running a OnePlus One that's 3 years old and it's kiiiinda getting slow. I'm in no rush to upgrade and when I do, I'll probably pick up a refurb'd OnePlus 3T (released in Nov 2016) for a couple hundo. I'm done with dropping $650+ on a brand new phone every couple of years just to say I have the newest thing out...especially when a phone that's a year old and half the price will cover all my needs.

What flavor of Android are you using? I'm on Nougat, but none of the things you mention I've noticed on mine. I'm running Lineage OS, which is an enhanced version of stock, but often doesn't have some of the extras due to lack of dev support or public interest to push it up the priority chain for inclusion of the next ROM update.
While I will always run Android, I feel the Google offerings are always missing something, or are a tad overpriced when compared to offerings from Huawei or OnePlus. Honestly, at this point, I'm still running a OnePlus One that's 3 years old and it's kiiiinda getting slow. I'm in no rush to upgrade and when I do, I'll probably pick up a refurb'd OnePlus 3T (released in Nov 2016) for a couple hundo. I'm done with dropping $650+ on a brand new phone every couple of years just to say I have the newest thing out...especially when a phone that's a year old and half the price will cover all my needs.

So my departure into Droid land was shortlived. My entire family runs iPhones and the ease of Facetime to my mom (who lives in Germany) and everyone else I care for was reason enough to switch back to and iPhone 7. Truth be told, I am sick and tired of the marginal improvements offered in the latest generations of phones, I am confident I'll stick with this phone until it blows up on me in X years.

Last week I replaced my mid-2014 MBP battery and anticipate getting another 2-3 years out of that laptop at this pace. Right there with you, I am done keeping up with the latest gen tech.

So my departure into Droid land was shortlived. My entire family runs iPhones and the ease of Facetime to my mom (who lives in Germany) and everyone else I care for was reason enough to switch back to and iPhone 7. Truth be told, I am sick and tired of the marginal improvements offered in the latest generations of phones, I am confident I'll stick with this phone until it blows up on me in X years.

Last week I replaced my mid-2014 MBP battery and anticipate getting another 2-3 years out of that laptop at this pace. Right there with you, I am done keeping up with the latest gen tech.

Uh...Google Hangouts/Duo has video chat!! ;)

Side note...I went to Munich for Oktoberfest this year. Had a blast!

Reactions: Vlad