Pilots!!!

Has anyone gotten their code yet? I haven't, but it's only been a couple of days so I don't want to be a PITA! :lol: Just curious if everyone's waiting, or if my e-mail got lost.

Got mine late today, so they must be slowly going through all the responses. There were no restrictions on it - it just said "next purchase". Hopefully they don't try to add any retroactively.

Oh and if it helps, I responded to their email around 5:30pm on Wednesday, 02/29.

Last edited:
I think I'm getting an ink Kitana Shoulder. I'm about 95% decided. I was hoping to see some more IRL pics here before pulling the trigger, though I haven't seen anyone else mention it.

It's peacock :smile:

My first impression is definitely positive. I have one other pilot to compare it to--there are differences but overall they are pretty much the same cool little pouch/wallet. The pilot looks gorgeous with the black zippers, IMO, especially since it's been tied together with the black edgecoat. I was def. originally an advocate for the matching zippers and really it could have gone either way but I *do* really like it like this. The pilot has a lot of the same changes that were noted with the pomps--squared, chunkier pulls, the removal of the center divider in the large compartment and 2 card slots added to either side of the compartment. The wrist strap is not nearly as long, is a little wider, chunkier. And the clip is larger. A big difference is the way the zipper/top of the main compartment is constructed. I won't bore you with too many details but it ends up that the zipper stick out the end loose since it's attached to a separate piece of leather, rather than being stitched down with the overall piece, like in the original. Doesn't exactly feel like a downgrade, although it was nice with the original how you didn't need to hold the end of the zipper to close the compartment. With this one you do or the zipper will flip up. There is more use of edgecoat in the new version--completely around the main compartment. And the main compartment looks much deeper without the stitching that held the center divider in place. The d-ring that holds the wrist strap is completely different. I'll let the pics show that :P I love the color of the peacock leather. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about the vintage patent. I really like the crinkle patents and the shine leather (grape is the only I've seen) and this is very smooth and even in comparison. (and smells awful but I'm sure it will air out!) I just generally prefer veiny, uneven leather. Oh, IMO all of the zipper pulls were but on backward because the hh rivets face inward. Those are just some minor critiques. I love this thing otherwise.

ETA there was some slight stickiness opening the back zipper the first time but it's fine now.

Attachments

• pilot2.jpg
    pilot2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 166
  • pilot3.jpg
    pilot3.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 182
  • pilot4.jpg
    pilot4.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 167
  • pilot5.jpg
    pilot5.jpg