Pictures of Your Koobas

I am so late to the Kooba party but here is what I have

All together
DSCN0577.jpg
Wow! I love your collection:biggrin: I too am a newcomer/latecomer to Kooba. I sure wish I had known about Kooba back when they used to make the most amazing bags with that thick luscious leather everyone talks about (e.g. Ada, Sienna, Ginger, etc). I'm eagerly awaiting a pre-loved Paige (circa 2006?) to arrive in the mail this week. It will be my 1st Kooba!

Wow! I love your collection:biggrin: I too am a newcomer/latecomer to Kooba. I sure wish I had known about Kooba back when they used to make the most amazing bags with that thick luscious leather everyone talks about (e.g. Ada, Sienna, Ginger, etc). I'm eagerly awaiting a pre-loved Paige (circa 2006?) to arrive in the mail this week. It will be my 1st Kooba!

Yay! Please post pics when you get it!

EB48B43F-2719-4647-804A-58331DC915AD-4565-0000082CDDF4A60A.jpg

This is one of my 3 koobas. I don't know the style name but it has a green suede-y fabric inside, it is much more of a purple color than the photo shows. Does anyone know the name/age of this style? I got it from a friend who purchased it from bag borrow or steal 1-2 years ago.

Hi! I'm new here (only lurked). I was/am thinking of buying my very first Kooba. I was pretty excited, however, after reading through some of these posts, it seems as though many no longer like this brand as much as they did in years past. I read some things about it now being made in China, and the leather being "thin" now. I also read a few posts elsewhere that complained about their customer service being lacking. ?

Is the above true?
Is Kooba no longer the same quality?
Would you still buy a NEW Kooba today?
If not, what other brands do you like that are similar?

I'm looking for a slouchy/soft hobo type bag with good quality stitching/leather, in that mid-price range ($400-600).

Thanks!

Hi! I'm new here (only lurked). I was/am thinking of buying my very first Kooba. I was pretty excited, however, after reading through some of these posts, it seems as though many no longer like this brand as much as they did in years past. I read some things about it now being made in China, and the leather being "thin" now. I also read a few posts elsewhere that complained about their customer service being lacking. ?

Is the above true?
Is Kooba no longer the same quality?
Would you still buy a NEW Kooba today?
If not, what other brands do you like that are similar?

I'm looking for a slouchy/soft hobo type bag with good quality stitching/leather, in that mid-price range ($400-600).

Thanks!

I bought the Jonnie in black, and yes the leather was thin. There were loose threads, and it seemed like the leather was going to chip/flake off at any moment. I was curious if it was only the Jonnie that was cheaply made, or if they are all this way. Any input anyone has would be helpful ;) It was a $500 bag that looked $25. Ugh!! And yes, it was made in China.

I bought the Jonnie in black, and yes the leather was thin. There were loose threads, and it seemed like the leather was going to chip/flake off at any moment. I was curious if it was only the Jonnie that was cheaply made, or if they are all this way. Any input anyone has would be helpful ;) It was a $500 bag that looked $25. Ugh!! And yes, it was made in China.
Thanks Paws4ever!

Too bad to hear this as I really liked the Jonnie in pics. :/

Do you know of any other designer who is similar to Kooba in style?

@diram

I am still upset my black Jonnie was cheaply constructed and I had to return it. I read elsewhere that other colors may have different leather, but I don't know if there is any truth to this. I contacted Kooba, and they basically said they were sorry I was disappointed, I recently discovered the brand Oryany. I have their Whitney hobo in brown, which is the best, softest, buttery leather I have ever felt in a handbag! The stitching is perfect. I also have their Patricia hobo. They make a Cassie that is similar to Kooba's Jonnie. It has a front pouch too. Google "Oryany Cassie hobo." (Tried to post a pic on here but was unsuccessful)

Let me know if you find any more info on if different Kooba's are worth buying today. For $500, I expect no loose threads, great leather, and sturdy hardware. Maybe my expectations were too high?

Last edited: