Pics of Luxe Line Metallic Goatskin and Fall Deerskin (side-by-side)

Yep! Same number and SA. She knows tons about Chanel...unlike another SA there that helped me! I hope you get it! Keep us posted. :yes:
They open at 10 AM eastern time, I believe.

Edna said:
roey, thanks for those pics! They really show the difference in the leathers well.

Janicemph, there was a matte flap bag at Saks in Bala Cynwyd, PA earlier today. You can call 610-667-1550. Ask for Erica! She's super nice.

Thanks, I was having computer problems last night so I missed yhour response. I hope they will allow me the ECG card when I call today!:graucho:

janny328 said:
congrats on your other new luxe addition, roey!

i think ive lost hope on EVER finding the metallic black bowler -everyone i've called has either been out of stock... or has not been very helpful!!

its sooooo hard to work retail in beverly hills and not feel taunted by the bowler i just cant seem to get my hands on, so... again, congrats!!

Thanks janny, and welcome to our forum!

Try calling Saks in NYC - they had the metallic black bowler (medium size for $2160 as of a week ago). If you have your heart set on the goatskin from spring you might want to have Saks do a system search if NYC is sold out.

Nordstrom in downtown Seattle had the medium black fall deerskin - that's the one in my picture. It's really beautiful but it hasn't been out on the town yet!

Lilli said:
Wow they both look so fab. Have you got a favourite?

Right now, it's the flap! It is so easy to carry; it's super classy, and seems to be indestructable! I might take the bowler out on errands today. It doesn't seem like it's going to be a user-friendly bag to carry when you have packages in hand, etc., since it's not as comfy on the shoulder as the flap. I am surprised at how much I love the flap after having bowler lust for so long.

Yes, the goatskin is still available at Saks! Be sure to specify metallic goatskin because some of the Saks s/a's are not so bright and think the smooth calfskin is goatskin.

thank you for posting the pics!!

i have yet to see the fall bowler leather in person -i saw a lady @ work who had a small black bowler, it was flat black... but it was NOT textured @ all, it was smooth and more lambskin looking -i didnt really get a good look (i think i was weird-ing her out by gawking as much as i did, haha) -was i duped by a fake??

anyways, you ladies are all experts... did they have a lambskin version of this? (cuz i would def prefer either of the leathers in the pics!!)

janny328 said:
thank you for posting the pics!!

i have yet to see the fall bowler leather in person -i saw a lady @ work who had a small black bowler, it was flat black... but it was NOT textured @ all, it was smooth and more lambskin looking -i didnt really get a good look (i think i was weird-ing her out by gawking as much as i did, haha) -was i duped by a fake??

anyways, you ladies are all experts... did they have a lambskin version of this? (cuz i would def prefer either of the leathers in the pics!!)

Hi Janny! What you saw is the smooth calfskin from the spring collection. It is very matte and flat. The Luxury line does not have a lambskin version. Some Saks and NM stores still have the smooth calf leftover from last season. You really have to quiz the s/a's on the phone regarding texture since many don't know each particular leather.

I carried my deerskin yesterday and today. So far so good! It even survived a drop of water (unlike me who almost didn't survive) - wiped off without leaving a stain.

Roey,
Beautiful bags! especially the deerskin. this forum is dangerous, i was going to sell my metallic black on ebay because i also have the metallic silver bowler and all these threads and pics have now made me fall in love with that bag all over again and i cannot let it go now LOL! i def will not be selling my metallic black bowler.