petition to help house bunnies...

Loganz

older, not wiser
O.G.
Dec 16, 2005
I got this email from Best Friends animal shelter, a nonprofit, no-kill, organization I donate money to in Kanab, UT.

Basically, PetSmart is not going to allow people to adopt shelter bunnies anylonger in stores that are now going to sell bunnies for profit.

In the end, this new mandate is a death sentence for many shelter bunnies.

All Best Friends is asking is for us animal lovers to e-sign a petition that will be sent to the CEO of PetsMart.

You can follow this link to read the letter and then e-sign the petition if you like.

http://network.bestfriends.org/Petitions/Detail.aspx?pn=5&g=e79ce3cf85664250a4cabd781f1da8c6

Here is a copy of the email text I was sent:

After years of supporting pet rescue organizations by allowing the set up of adoption satellites in PetSmart stores across the nation, PetSmart has made the decision to sell house rabbits. This is a dilemma to rescue and humane organizations everywhere. Best Friends joins other animal welfare organizations by asking for your support. Ask PetSmart to do the right thing for all homeless animals by only allowing adoptions of homeless rabbits in PetSmart stores.
Our voice is not enough. We need you the member, the consumer, to let PetSmart know what you think. We ask you to send this to three friends and family members. Help us ask PetSmart's President and Chief Operating Officer, Mr. Robert Moran to reconsider this decision.