Pearls or Diamonds?

Mhm lol, we need a Chaz appreciation societey, its like having your own bible to jewellery :biggrin:!
But, I'd say go with whatever you prefer, it also depends a lot on what sort of clothes you wear, where you tend to go more often and such :smile:

Hard to say as I have not come across a diamond vs. a pearl of equal top quality and similar price, even the strand of Mikimoto's that I want of close to or at their top quality is way less expensive then say an f-g vs1-2 tennis necklace with stones a similar size as pearls, though I guess this is a "what if" kind of questions..... That said, pearls are just so amazing to me, they are so organic and you sorta just polish them up, diamonds in their "organic" state are no where near what man makes of them, though they do wind up looking amazing. I'd have to say a nice mix of both good qualty diamonds and pearls would be ideal for me, they are equally amazing, I suppose in a ring I would prefer diamond and necklace pearl......

Which would you choose if you had the option to buy either at the same price range ( be it a pair of earrings, pendant or ring of any size or shape)?

Solitude, I can see that you are really getting into ticking things off your list!!!! LOL. Your new diamond cross is spectacular and must be kicking in by now to curb your bling cravings?

In answer to your question, with a set budget of say $1500- $2000, I know that I can get very little in terms of diamond jewellery. But I know that I can get a very significant size pearl with some tiny diamonds in the setting.

Previous to getting my pearl pendant I never thought twice about pearls, they just werent in my radar. But since I have been wearing my single pearl pendant, Im really getting a buzz....and lots of comments. I think this would suit your situation. One pearl is not as expensive as a pair of earrings or a strand either, but is very effective!!! And you can wear it all the time day or night.

However, if you would have asked me this last year, I would have opted to spend the $ on diamonds. Mind you, for the price of my 18 mm perfect pearl, you could hardly get anything in terms of diamonds, although the pearl looks like a million dollars!

Solitude, I can see that you are really getting into ticking things off your list!!!! LOL. Your new diamond cross is spectacular and must be kicking in by now to curb your bling cravings?

In answer to your question, with a set budget of say $1500- $2000, I know that I can get very little in terms of diamond jewellery. But I know that I can get a very significant size pearl with some tiny diamonds in the setting.

Previous to getting my pearl pendant I never thought twice about pearls, they just werent in my radar. But since I have been wearing my single pearl pendant, Im really getting a buzz....and lots of comments. I think this would suit your situation. One pearl is not as expensive as a pair of earrings or a strand either, but is very effective!!! And you can wear it all the time day or night.

However, if you would have asked me this last year, I would have opted to spend the $ on diamonds. Mind you, for the price of my 18 mm perfect pearl, you could hardly get anything in terms of diamonds, although the pearl looks like a million dollars!

I still have my eye on that pearl:graucho: I mean pearlssss!!! Lots of them LOL! Waiting for that trip to australia next year:graucho: and I'll dive into an ocean of the most gorgeous australian south seas :yahoo:. Pearls around here are sooooooo expensive and I mean the ones that are almost perfect and flawless. :Push: