Payless anyone?

Hi,

I think they have cute styles, but I never buy them..... they hurt my feet and some of their shoes feel clunky and heavy... I'd rather buy a pair on sale at Nordies :smile:

I remember I had a pair of ruched boots years and years ago... one winter I went to pull em out of the box.... the plastic vinyl leather look had peeled away completely disintegrated.

You know, I actually have two pairs of Payless heels that I wear in the rain and during winter months so I won't ruin my good ones. I have no problem stomping on slushy/salty sidewalks wearing a pair of $15 shoes! :P

My mom told me to never wear shoes from Payless. She said they'd ruin my feet. Most of my shoes I get from specialty shoe stores, or from mid-end department stores. I must admit, I don't buy shoes frequently. Maybe three times a year. I'm totally not a "shoe" person.

Regardless of where the shoe is from, wearing high heels is BAD for your feet, it displaces the natural form of the foot, and we weren't wearing high heels when we were surviving off the land.

A lot of low-end stores like Payless actually have great designs. They are often knock-offs from expensive models but they are trendy and look good. The only problem I have with Payless is the chemical smell. I don't know if it's from glue or synthetic materials, but they just water up my eyes and I don't dare go into the store.

I will admit I buy my faux Uggs....and they LAST....I am a Ferragamo girl, I wear an 8AAA, but the fake ones from Payless last...and where I live they work...I don't worry about trashing them...

I am all about High/Low...it is creative and fun!

I am super hard on my shoes, so I don't buy them as an investment anyway. I buy Payless, especially for cute summer styles. Summer shoes do not last well for me. For winter, I do tend to spend more on my shoes.

I've had a couple good buys with Payless, but lately everytime I walk into the store the selection is terrible. Nothing really catches my eye.

I bought a pair of black peep-toe heels almost 4 years ago, and they are still in great shape and so comfy for dancing! I have a pair of black suede boots I wear in the winter when it's really slushy. The boots are a year old and will probably be ready to chuck by the time the next winter rolls around.