Patent leather Chanels--trend or staple?

If i have extra money, i don't mind having a patent leather....not too worry abt gettin scratch or dirty. If let's say u have a caviar, lambskin and need to get another bag in different leather, wuld suggest the patent.

My Medallion is patent leather and I absolutely adore her. Although I haven't carried her in a while, uhmmm, I guess I'll be taking her out on the town today. Patent will always be a staple, imo.

Chanel has been doing patent leather bags for so many years. I dont think of it as a trend at all. Louis Vuitton has an entire line devoted to patent leather bags that they refer to as "Vernis". Having a choice of patent leather gives us a nice variety.

Stupid question alert- How do you tell the difference between vinyl and patent leather?

As for the original question, I was avoiding the whole patent leather thing because I thought it was too trendy, but recently got a red distressed patent leather Chanel bag and adore it! I think patent leather being the rage is a trend, but I think Chanel will always make some of their bags out of patent leather. I think it's a staple because it's Chanel, but think its "it-ness" will cycle in and out over time.