PART 2 Come join the 50-ish-plus Club! (age, not # of bags)

Not me! We're going out. My turkey-cooking days are SO over! :amuse:
What plans do you have for Thursday, dear?
Going to my brother's house in Chappaqua. They order the turkey and trimmings and heat it up, so it's going to be another holiday of dried out turkey. But it's really not about the food, it's about the family being all together. I get to see my niece who is home from Duke for a few days. She's graduating this year and this is the first time she is ctully home for the holiday in 4 years!

I always get choked up on Election Day. It gives me a thrill to be living in a democracy... so many around the world don't have the privilege of being able to cast ballots in a ********ic process and/or feel that they can safely and respectfully disagree with their neighbors without fear of retribution.

Standing in line in front of me was a gentleman with braces on both legs. We began talking and he told me he was a vet, so of course I thanked him for his service. He told me he had served in the "forgotten war." He didn't look old enough to be a Korean veteran, and I guess I must have looked puzzled, so he clarified: Desert Storm. DH and I assured him that we had certainly NOT forgotten Operation Desert Storm, and we each shook his hand and once again thanked him.

Shortly before your election I shared a seat with an American on the Heathrow Express and on the New they first showed some news from the upcoming election and then switched to Brexit. He hung his head and said "seems like we both have something to be ashamed about", and I replied, nope, "I'm not British - count me out on all of this!" (He nearly lost it then, saying, "But you have a British accent!")

I will add my 2 cents! Although the accessory pieces are beautiful-- to match your bag(from those pics posted) I think your upcoming gift of the red BV will coordinate beautifully, yet be different. If you see too much of a very unique item, it may grow old. With only one piece, the handbag, it will stay unique. I know that philosophy may not bid well with those who have 5-6-10 LV monogram pieces, but I since I have one LV monogram bag, one overnight, and one wallet(which I want to sell) I feel I have enough. I will move on to new colors, leathers, brands, etc. so I don't feel I am seeing the same pattern all the time. I am just translating that thought to you. Right or wrong--my feelings. So....we will look forward to seeing a new wallet from you soon!!!
And, gulp, I just jumped a little, and ordered(caution to the wind) 2 bags from a brand I have never even seen in person before. I will, at the least, return one, but maybe both, depending. They are being shipped overnight(no charge to me!) so I expect either tomorrow or Wednesday. You may know, based on some posts I made recently, but if not, let's keep our fingers crossed.
Still have not worn my first Hermes scarf. I'm so afraid of food on it. But I love the look of it--finally steamed it to get the wrinkles out.

Whenever I buy a bag if a awallet and a key Chain are available, preferably also a make -up bag, they will be bought. The only hassle is to change bags, because that means changing the lot. When younger and having to settle for the bag only, I would try at least to match it with a decent wallet of another brand, because dragging out a battered, worn out wallet from a lovely New bag was more than I could stand. - This from someone who has been known to buy a Burberry bag with a checked lining which simply had to be accompanied with a matching winter scarf as well, together with the wallet of course :smile: - really important to match the inside of yor bag, you know :smile: