Travel PARIS tips - questions - advice!

And Paris is stinky when the temp is up!! :P :P
Hope you liked Iceland. I went a couple winters ago, loved it.

:lol: Too funny! I don't know if it was because I had just come from Iceland where the air was so clean and unpolluted or what, but yes, it seemed stinkier than usual this year.

Iceland was incredible: by far the most beautiful country I have ever been to in my life. I'm wondering how to top that one now. Did you see the northern lights? I'm wondering if it might be worth it to go back in the winter one time to see them.

Thanks! Ooh Iceland must be lovely!

I would highly recommend Iceland if you like beautiful and interesting landscape. It's expensive but so worth it. Apparently if you go to Europe with Iceland Air you can even do up to a one week layover in Iceland at no extra charge.

I flew Iceland Air from Keflavik to Paris and back and they had so much leg room in coach it reminded me of the old days when there actually was leg room on planes. It would be nice to fly internationally with that much leg room (I'm only 5 ft. 1" and I find coach cramped nowadays).

What you've listed sounds perfect. If you're planning on doing lots of sightseeing then comfortable shoes are key. The weather has cooled down a bit since this summer which is greatly appreciated since there is no AC in the metro and in most appartements. This summer was uncomfortably hot at times so the high 70s/low 80s we've had lately is perfect. Bring a trench or light coat in case. Any other questions let me know as I am lucky enough to live here :smile:.

What you've listed sounds perfect. If you're planning on doing lots of sightseeing then comfortable shoes are key. The weather has cooled down a bit since this summer which is greatly appreciated since there is no AC in the metro and in most appartements. This summer was uncomfortably hot at times so the high 70s/low 80s we've had lately is perfect. Bring a trench or light coat in case. Any other questions let me know as I am lucky enough to live here :smile:.

Oh thank you so much. You don't know how anxiously I am waiting for this trip. I have been told that sometimes the weather is unpredictable there, as it is here to tell the truth. This summer we had a lot of rain in June which is not common and a very hot July and August. Now it has cooled a bit and it is easier to circulate.

Bring an umbrella too!

I just checked the 10 day forecast and it supposed to be cooler and some days with rain by the time you're coming. I think you'll be fine with jeans and some layers on top.

Bring an umbrella too!

I just checked the 10 day forecast and it supposed to be cooler and some days with rain by the time you're coming. I think you'll be fine with jeans and some layers on top.

Definitely I will bring an umbrella. I always do. The weather being so strange I always have sunglasses and an umbrella in my bag.

We are taking our first trip to Paris Sept. 10th and I'm at a loss for shoes. My plantar fasciitis is bad right now and I'm living in my Birkenstock Gizehs but I may have to break down and wear sneakers if it rains.

Not fashionable but I need to be able to walk! I plan to do nice jeans and layer tops. If I accessorize and do my hair/makeup maybe no one will notice my shoes!

We are taking our first trip to Paris Sept. 10th and I'm at a loss for shoes. My plantar fasciitis is bad right now and I'm living in my Birkenstock Gizehs but I may have to break down and wear sneakers if it rains.

Not fashionable but I need to be able to walk! I plan to do nice jeans and layer tops. If I accessorize and do my hair/makeup maybe no one will notice my shoes!

You should be okay - do you have dark sneakers? They would stick it less.

I was there in July - the footwear was pretty frightening as it was 105 degrees! It was so hot that no one looked fab and no one cared!

Have a fabulous time!!

Go Giants!!

Don't worry about wearing sneakers. I injured my knee in April and have basically only worn sneakers and was worried about looking unfashionable but I picked a good year. The big trend this year is Nike free shoes or new balance in different colors. There is even half a floor of only athletic shoes at the Printemps department store now.

I would highly recommend Iceland if you like beautiful and interesting landscape. It's expensive but so worth it. Apparently if you go to Europe with Iceland Air you can even do up to a one week layover in Iceland at no extra charge.

I flew Iceland Air from Keflavik to Paris and back and they had so much leg room in coach it reminded me of the old days when there actually was leg room on planes. It would be nice to fly internationally with that much leg room (I'm only 5 ft. 1" and I find coach cramped nowadays).
Are the Northern Lights seen in Iceland too? That would be quite an experience :smile:

Does anyone here know what to expect for Blanche Nuit in Paris this year? It will be my first time :smile: