Paris George V Store - Dishonest SA

Jan 19, 2012
Hi all, just wanted to provide my recent experience shopping at the George V store. This is the store closest to where I live (10 min walk, 5 min bus ride) so it was the first place I went when I was looking for a navy blue metallic edge envelope clutch.

I went and asked the SA and she said there were none in the store, and I asked her to check for me to see if I can grab it in another store in Paris.

Previously, when I was looking for a City and went to the store on Ste Honore, the SA didn't have what I wanted, but he found the one I wanted at George V so I know they do this.

I also know that there are at least five other stores within Paris Central I can go to:
- Boutique on Rue Ste Honore
- Galeries Lafayettes @ Haussman
- Printemps @ Haussman
- Printemps @ Carrousel du Louvre
- Le Bon Marche

There were no other customers in the store and there were two SAs and one security and the SA said she can check for me, then came back quickly to tell me it is ALL sold out EVERYWHERE. She convinced me to get the black one and later in the day, I went to Printemps at Hassuman and they had a blue one in stock.

I asked the SA at Printemps, whose name is Lingbo, if I can exchange it and she said they're separate stores so I can't. I asked if I could buy the blue one now and return the black one, and she said usually they only give store credits and not refunds, but she will call George V for me.

She called George V and explained the situation, and the SA at George V, despite having lied in the first place, told her no returns except for store credit. Lingbo then called the headoffice and they okayed the exchange. She gave me the blue one, took the black one, and gave me back the George V receipt and said she will do the paperwork to change the inventory later.

The George V experience left a pretty sour taste for me. I had bought two bags from that store before and now I will never step foot in there again unless they are the only store that has what i need :/ I couldn't find a number to call to file an official complaint for the first SA at George or an official commendation for the second SA at Printemps, so I just wrote to the Website "Contact Us" Email.

I didn't get a chance to get her name though, which sucks, as a few years ago, I had a wonderful SA from that location, who no longer works there.
Just thought I'd put my experience out here so people are aware not to trust all the SAs in Paris.

Last edited:
I think George v received the complaint almost immediately as I got an apology email from the S saying that she didn't know how to read the "new" system.

I just want to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else as they do not give your money back.

Attachments

• 1438031706430.jpg
    1438031706430.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 328
I know this is the Balenciaga forum but I had the same experience at Chanel in Paris. Its very unfortunate because most SA are paid by commissions but that still is no reason to lie. In this fashion business honey you have to do your own homework cause you will get screwed quick!

Im so happy you found the one you wanted! Congrats to you

I think George v received the complaint almost immediately as I got an apology email from the S saying that she didn't know how to read the "new" system.

I just want to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else as they do not give your money back.

All's well that ends well, Platinum - you got a beautiful bag! :smile: