Papillion 30 v. Speedy 25

pinkybella

May 26, 2006
I have the LV papillion 30 but I feel like its a little bit trendy because of its shape so I don't use it too much. I really like the speedy 25 & I'm thinking of selling my papillion 30 and getting a speedy.

1) Do you guys think that the papillion is trendy? Speedy v. Papillion: which do you like better?

2) Why is the papillion 30 so much more expensive than the speedy? I would think the speedy would be more expensive since its bigger & a more classic piece.

Do you think I should sell my papillion & get a speedy? Opinions please! :smile:

i just got my Damier Papillon 30, and i absolutely love it :love::love:! and i think it's classic because of its shape, and the canvas, regardless of Mono or Damier.

i think the Papillon 30 costs more because it comes with the little baby Papillon too.

i would say keep the Papillon. even though i have a month-old Mono Speedy 25, i think it's actually becoming too common/overrated.

Hi
I have both. I don't know about the trendy part. This bag first came out in 1966. It's not as practical. There are no pockets, no key ring. I don't think it hold as much. Have only used mine a couple of times. I feel so conspicuous with it....the 30 does have the mini papillon, which is a great plus. Try to get it on ebay and people refuse to sell you the bag with the little papillon and try to sell it separately.

pinkybella said:
I have the LV papillion 30 but I feel like its a little bit trendy because of its shape so I don't use it too much. I really like the speedy 25 & I'm thinking of selling my papillion 30 and getting a speedy.

1) Do you guys think that the papillion is trendy? Speedy v. Papillion: which do you like better?

Nope. I actually find the papillon more conservative than the speedy.

2) Why is the papillion 30 so much more expensive than the speedy? I would think the speedy would be more expensive since its bigger & a more classic piece.

^^

Do you think I should sell my papillion & get a speedy? Opinions please! :smile:
Keep your papillon!

:yes: