paddy for $690 on NM! AGAIN!

Well, the bag arrived, and I'm going to stick with my whiskey ordered from Nordstrom. This one is going back:

While I don't think the bag is fake, the quality is not up to snuff. It is very broken in, so I suspect it has been used by someone. I prefer to start with a fresh bag and wear it in myself.

The zippers will not stay on their track properly and the silver is tarnished. This is an '05 bag from the color and the inside id tag. Oddly enough, the id tag inside the pocket has a piece of tape on it with some red pen marks. That struck me as a big no-no, as my new whiskey is in pristine condition.

The leather is soooo soft, but wrinkly and almost too creased/crumply. Maybe I am being too particular, but the bag does not have that fresh-out-the-box feel. Also, no price tag with indication of serial numbers/color info. besides the id tag.

I'm returning to tomorrow in-store, but I'd warn anyone who sees it pop up again online not to take the leap. $690 is an outstanding price, but I feel like you'd feel safer in your transaction if you just went ahead and bought a fresh one. Of course, it's up to the buyer!

Can you post some pictures before it goes back? Does the tape with the red pens marks peel off? Not all bags have a store tag. The Chloe tag does scan in the system.

I guess this goes to show once again that returned used bags go back in the system.

chicbags said:
Can you post some pictures before it goes back? Does the tape with the red pens marks peel off? Not all bags have a store tag. The Chloe tag does scan in the system.

I guess this goes to show once again that returned used bags go back in the system.

I'll try to get some pics up later. And there's not even the Chloe tag either. Store tag didn't worry me so much, but no Chloe tag seemed strange. Only a little Chloe booklet in the inside pocket.

Don't waste your time with pictures. Probably like salt in a wound, huh?

The zippers do sound like a problem. New Zippers are stiff and they take awhile to line up in the end to get them going.

Is the inside yucky? Any napkins?:roflmfao:

I don't mind taking pictures at all. I wanted you guys to seem this thing. :yucky:

I even found a pinhole right through the leather on the front. Somebody must have beaten this bag about.

There is a lot of fraying around the rivets/hardware. Again, we all know this happens in time, so this must've been carried for awhile.

The Chloe font looked off on the lock, but that may be because it's from 2005. Also, there's a scratch on the lock leather.

The pocket that is on the outside back of the bag looked to be pulling away from the leather.

A poopy bag in general! :mad:

neimanchloe003.jpg

neimanchloe001.jpg

neimanchloe005.jpg

neimanchloe007.jpg

neimanchloe006.jpg
-- surprisingly doesn't look that bad in this pic. :P

Oh, that's too bad :sad: , chipoman81 ... I'm like you ... I like to break in my own bags. I got my '05 tan paddington from bergdorfgoodman.com and it came with some tiny scratches on the leather, too, but I decided to keep it because they weren't too noticeable and I really like the leather ... that and there were no scratches on the lock. The leather on your bag looks really nice, too. It's a shame about the red marks, etc. Would you keep it if they gave you a discount on top of the sale price?

BTW, your avatar is soooo cute :love: !! Is that your kitten? If so, have you been tempted to kiss its belly when he/she stretches out like that??

abaglover said:
Oh, that's too bad :sad: , chipoman81 ... I'm like you ... I like to break in my own bags. I got my '05 tan paddington from bergdorfgoodman.com and it came with some tiny scratches on the leather, too, but I decided to keep it because they weren't too noticeable and I really like the leather ... that and there were no scratches on the lock. The leather on your bag looks really nice, too. It's a shame about the red marks, etc. Would you keep it if they gave you a discount on top of the sale price?

BTW, your avatar is soooo cute :love: !! Is that your kitten? If so, have you been tempted to kiss its belly when he/she stretches out like that??

Since I love my whiskey paddy so much and I got that for 30% off, I feel like that one is meant to be with me.

Even with a further discount, the pinhole and just general "used" quality of the Neiman's one doesn't appeal to me.

And that's not my kitty in my avatar. I wish he/she was. You have to love a soft kitten belly. Just a picture taken off of another website. :love: