Opinions on these watches

ItsPurseonal

Jan 2, 2020
I’ve been on the lookout for an elevated everyday watch (I usually wear an Apple Watch) for the last few years and recently tried on a few that I’d like opinions on. Or, if you have suggestions for others to try I am all ears. Here are my criteria:
  • I wear a mix of platinum (wedding set), yellow gold (right hand bracelet) and rose gold (necklace) for my everyday jewelry. I’m open to various metals but would like for the watch to look cohesive with the wedding set, so I’ve been gravitating towards mixed metal and ideally with diamonds
  • Planning to wear this watch for work, going out to dinners, parties, maybe as dressy as “cocktail attire” if the style is appropriate. An added bonus would be versatility to wear with everyday casual wear (athleisure, jeans and tee etc)
I tried on the ballon bleu from Cartier and really liked the 36mm, but was disappointed that version doesn’t come with diamonds - I felt like the version with diamonds looked a bit more modern and feminine but looked too small on my wrist (for reference I wear a 19cm juste un clou).

When I was at Cartier I also tried on the tank with diamonds. I thought it was stunning but wasn’t totally sold on the shape.

I also recently tried the Hermes Cut which I really loved more than I expected. I am waiting to hear back from customer service about whether they can add links for me. I really liked that the strap was interchangeable but the rubber strap was too short for me. The SA said they thought the rubber strap would start coming in longer lengths but I’m not going to count on it.

I also tried the cape cod which was stunning but I think it looks too small on my wrist.

Thoughts/opinions? I think I really love the cut and probably would like the mixed metal with diamonds but they did not have that option to try on.

(Also sorry for bad pics, most of these are stills from video)

Attachments

• IMG_1796.jpeg
    IMG_1796.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1801.jpeg
    IMG_1801.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1691.jpeg
    IMG_1691.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1692.jpeg
    IMG_1692.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1693.jpeg
    IMG_1693.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1800.jpeg
    IMG_1800.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 148
Based on what you are looking for, out of all your photos, I like the Hermes cut the most.

Personally I prefer the ballon bleu in SS only.

It does appear that you're gravitating more toward the round face shape (vs the rectangular)?
Otherwise I would recommend the TT panthere. Though, I'm biased because I have one haha. :lol:

Thanks for all the input! I am definitely most drawn to the cut. But I’m frustrated by the response from CS- I emailed to ask if they could add links and they said to visit a boutique (even though the website says to reach out to CS about different sizes). I explained I don’t want to have to travel to a boutique to find out that they’re unable to add links, so I’m hoping they can at least answer that question for me

• Sad
Reactions: lill_canele
Thanks for all the input! I am definitely most drawn to the cut. But I’m frustrated by the response from CS- I emailed to ask if they could add links and they said to visit a boutique (even though the website says to reach out to CS about different sizes). I explained I don’t want to have to travel to a boutique to find out that they’re unable to add links, so I’m hoping they can at least answer that question for me
They did reply that they could add links, so I would just need to visit a boutique to make the purchase. I’ll keep thinking about it but the two tone with diamonds is on the top of the list right now

As I was browsing TRR, I saw an image of this watch pop up and was happy to see Cartier still makes it. I’m confused why the SA wouldn’t have suggested it when I was explaining that I wanted a bigger two tone with diamonds and a more modern face. I’ll have to try it on or ask about it next time I’m near a boutique

IMG_1899.png

Reactions: cecchetti
The TT Ballon Bleu is absolutely stunning on you :love: Suits you so well! That has my vote. I also think the Cape Cod looks beautiful - it's very striking and elegant.

I'm in the minority here - I don't appreciate the Hermes Cut for some reason, even though it's a simple design. But if that's the watch you're most drawn to, then I think the answer is obvious!

I was also looking for an elevated everyday watch for a while, and my requirements were similar to yours- round, 36 mm, mixed metal, elevated and beautiful yet casual enough for daily wear etc. I tried several different options including Rolex and Cartier, and I ended up getting Hermes Cut in mixed metal with diamond bezel. I just love the casual yet elegant look it has (love the numbered dial), and the feel and weight of the watch felt just right to me. I was surprised how light it is for automatic movement as well. I hope you will find the right watch for you as well!