Opinions on my new Karta shift dress

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
Hi everyone!

I fell in love with this Karta dress and purchased it a few days ago:

(Picture from Nordstrom)

Do you guys think that it's a bit "too" much? Is it even possible to just wear it casually?

SuLi - I love this line and especially this dress! I think that you could wear it casually as more of a tunic, but also dressed up a bit, too. It's super cute and seems comfy. So cute!

It wouldn't be "too much" for Chicago, but DC is a pretty conservative town! I love the dress, though, and don't think it's "over the top." It's eye-catching, but in a good way.

It wouldn't be "too much" for Chicago, but DC is a pretty conservative town! I love the dress, though, and don't think it's "over the top." It's eye-catching, but in a good way.

That's my hesistation with wearing it out here...but, more and more boutiques are "wisening" up and we have a pretty decent range of lines that can be found here. I actually purchased the dress from Intermix in Georgetown. I've actually seen Karta being carried locally at Nordstrom, Cusp (NM off-shoot), and NM.

Thanks for the input so far.

Super cute. You could totally wear it to DC bars or put it over jeans. I have a friend in the Madisons (v. exclusive younger womens social club) and she definitely wears things like it.

I like it, but I think it's much, much too short to wear on its own. I'd say you should really only wear it with jeans to avoid being called vulgar in such a conservative city. It is very cute, though.