opinion & suggestion on BV purchase

I think it's a great bag - versatile because you can wear it on your arm, in your hand or on your shoulder. I think the top opening is fresh and not "old lady".... And once you've handled BV leather you'll be seduced, I think....

I'm not that young, but when I see a young-ish woman carrying a bag like this, it impresses me. I think it looks classy. It's not a bag that you would use for every occasion. Going out you'd have a "fun" and stylish bag. But this will be timeless and the quality is wonderful.

I love that bag. I was contemplating getting it my last visit to NM. I love how it looks so classic, and it's so versatile. Also, the magnetic flap closure is so very convenient!

evaever - Do your friends think it looks old because there are no flashy logos and hardware? Or is it the color? I, personally like that bag. I really haven't met a BV I didn't like :graucho:.

Since you are new to BV, here are some quotes I have collected. I read them when I'm feeling particularly BV crazy:

"...because on the one hand i keep thinking that BV bags are so non-descript, so un-ostentatious... but somehow they still manage to be sublimely beautiful, don't they? sigh.:girlsigh: "

"It's like a little secret between you and your BV bag, lol! They don't get that constant attention from passersby, but you know the truth."

"i love that bv doesn't get the perpetual stares that most lvs or chanels do. and of course don't get me started about the unbelievably soft, smooshy lambskin, the intricate signature weave, the lightness of the bag, the intense timeless colours, the luxurious suede lining, etc. etc. etc.! gee, i'm seriously addicted. :heart:"

"those who know and recognize quality can spot this gem on your arm. I love that it attracts attention based on design and aesthetic alone, not because of flashy logos."

Personally, that bag doesn't appeal to me, cos I'm more drawn to larger bags.

But I don't think the bag looks old. In fact, I think it looks very modern, and subtle. One of those bags I would take a second look at, cos it's so understated but gorgeous!

Hi everyone!
I'm visiting this forum from Balenciaga's, this design is pretty elegant, IMO.
I can see someone carrying it through her 20s to 30s to 40s. It all depends on how you accessorize and dress.
If I have funds right now, I'll definitely consider this one.

jburgh: my friends think it looks old because of the color. They think the color is too dark for my age.

evaever - The dark brown shown in the Bluefly picture is one of two colors. It could be Moro...think of dark smooth chocolate. Or, it might be Ebano...think of milk chocolate, or coffee with a touch of cream. Sometimes you just cannot tell in a photograph. :shrugs:

Both colors are popular with all ages...no one does a smooth, smooshy dark brown like BV. It will last a lifetime...you can grow old together. Both can be worn year round and go with brown, tan, khaki, red, turquoise, pink, grey, green, white, ivory, yellow, blue and purple....to name a few :graucho:.

How do you feel about brown? That is what is important. If you think you can use a brown bag, then the rest...style, quality, feel, are givens. Take a look in our Reference Library. The brown color thread has pics of both. And if you decide against the duffle style on Bluefly, keep an open eye, and something BV is sure to come along! :yes:

Oh, that is the same style as Fiasco-bag, except that Fiasco-bag was in noce (a medium tan/brown colour). Sigh (and pardon me as the bad (and still unresolved) eBay fake experience feelings coming flooding back once again...).

evaever - I'm not sure how a dark colour can be "old" just because it is dark... do you wear black?! That being said, I do think there are some people who like dark brown and others who don't - I may be moving towards the old(er) category (or at least middle-aged) and yet I still don't care all that much for dark brown. The key is what you like and what you feel comfortable with. Good luck with your decision - and if this isn't the BV for you I'm sure you will find a style and colour that is!

Hi everyone!
I'm visiting this forum from Balenciaga's, this design is pretty elegant, IMO.
I can see someone carrying it through her 20s to 30s to 40s. It all depends on how you accessorize and dress.
If I have funds right now, I'll definitely consider this one.

Hey - how about 50s, 60s, and 70s for we older gals, lol! I'm planning on wearing my BVs until I'm 80...if I make it that far.