Online Dating

Well..I did. ;)

I was single for 6.5 years, and for a while, was kind of a manwhore. Girls would come and girls would go. Then the current gf came along and I've been 100% faithful for going on 8 months now.

To address the random text. Again, if he's interested, he'll make it clear. And yeah, sometimes guys have the 2-3 day rule, but that's 2-3 days of no contact, not a week. A guy will be proactive (ask you out) or at least reactive (return your calls in a timely manner) if he's interested. I'd give this guy another week, and if you don't get something more concrete, drop him, or just use him as a back up ;)
Now get out there and start flirting!!

good advice! thanks

Oh honey, if he's randomly texting you at all times of the night, it's time to let the fish go on. My guy friends drunk text their potential booty calls and it's all a game to them. Good luck!

Honestly, it seems like he was trying to get something going with someone else. That didn't work out, so now he is back to paying attention to you. I guess it is also possible that he is playing mind games on you to see your reaction. Either way...

Yeah, he struck out with the other girl! ;)
And I know it sounds bad, cause I've been known to do the same thing (put one girl on hold while pursuing another), but letting himself prove that he might really want to be with you isn't such a bad idea. Keep him at arm's length though. If he wants you, and really wants you, he'll have to prove it. Don't make it easy.
On the other hand, maybe you don't care to play games (even though to me, sometimes they're kind of fun). In that case, drop him.

He is probably busy. He may be dating other people. etc. Don't worry too much about it. Keep looking. If the first guy is genuinely interested, he will text you back. :flowers:

guys are very confusing! so after 1 week of no contact i get a random text last night & i said something back but then nothing again... sooo strange!

i give up! too many games for me... i hate when guys play games!

:yahoo: Good for you!!! Guys and girls do play games, but now you know what to expect and you will be ready to meet the man of your dreams!

Remember that it is OK to chat with several guys at once, meet them for coffee or whatever and move on if something doesn't feel right. Good luck!

it's so frustrating ....charles u make some good points! u are a good insight to understanding guys! haha i'm just not good at playing games.. i don't know how. i guess just ignore if he calls me back or txts?
he def must have struck out with another girl!

i think i made myself too available.. i'm new to the dating scene (ive always been in a relationship) oh well it's sad because he was fun but his online profile is a totally fake.. he comes out being a nice guy when he's a total creep!