OMG I ruined my Hair ! Its Orange

I had the same thing happen to me this past weekend!! I was bored so I decided to color at home. I wanted a dark brown but I ended up w/ black. I went to the hairdresser and she had to bleach my hair (it turned ORANGE and I freaked out) but then she added a dark borwn to it and now it's a light brown w/ blong highlights and dark brown hightlights. I actually like it better than my dark hair. But definitely go to the hair salon as soon as you can. I went to Regis and I spend over $100 for corrective color ($45 an hour). Expensive but worth it. I don't like orange hair either... Good luck!!

*Trish*

you poor thing. i agree with everyone who said to go to a hairdresser and get it fixed, don't take the risk of dying your hair again on your own. hope everything works out.

Hi everyone, Im off school today due to an Illness :Cough: :cough:. I phoned the hairdressers and they are going to re-do my hair. OMG I cant wait to get my hair back. Never again will I use a home dye. I will tell you the out come when I get home :fingers crossed:

Hi everyone, Im soooooooo happy. The hairdresser did an amazing job and she re coloured my hair. Its a dark brown now. I was gunna give her a tip but she kept going on about the hair products they were selling in the salon so I bought some of them ;) :smile: Thanks everyone for all your support

Oh Steve i just read this thread!:wtf: And just jumped to the last post hoping to see your hairdresser made it right!!:yes:
I'm very happy your problem got solved my dear...:rolleyes: and you feel confortable with your new color!!;) :yahoo: A big kiss,enjoy London!!:heart:

Oh Steve i just read this thread!:wtf: And just jumped to the last post hoping to see your hairdresser made it right!!
I'm very happy your problem got solved my dear...:rolleyes: and you feel confortable with your new color!! A big kiss,enjoy London!!

Thankyou so much Stefy, you are so kind. Im just soooo glad its fixed. When I saw my orange hair I was like :wtf: OH MY GOD. Im just so happy now. Thanks for you're kiss :love: :smile:

How can you dye your hair a darker brown and make it come out orange?

(If you were going from dark brown to blonde, I could understand it was orange!)

I think it has to do with your hair color genes from your family, if that makes any sense. I've also had experiences with dying my hair, and reddish or orange-ish colors will come out. My natural color is medium brown, but on my mother's side there was auburn hair, and my dad's side has some Irish ancestry with red hair. I just gave up trying to color it.

Good luck, Steve--hope you can improve things quickly. How our hair looks is so important, isn't it?!

i did this once and my hair was orange luckily was only a semi tho that lasted for 6 weeks but :S never again! hmm until i went to dye it a lighter blonde and it went almost bleach i was like :O NOOOOO my roots came through sooo bad and when it was wet it looked like bleached hair (no offence bleach hair ppl, but im natural and it looked wierd on my skine tone) i was mortified and had to wait like 2 months to get it done :sad: how crap! but its all good now, i want some chunky brown highlights sooooon intime for xmas me thinks!

glad it all turned out alrite in the end anyways!