OMG: getting my first iPod...

i had an ipod... but i gave it to my sister. it's a good player, just that i was looking for something with more features. ipods clearly dominate the mp3 player market, however, i feel that there are other models that are just as good, and some that are even superior to the ipod.

i had an ipod... but i gave it to my sister. it's a good player, just that i was looking for something with more features. ipods clearly dominate the mp3 player market, however, i feel that there are other models that are just as good, and some that are even superior to the ipod.
Hmm, if by more features like FM radio and additional file format support you mean superior, well then yes, Sandisk, Toshiba and the other MP3 players have 'one-upped' the iPod.

But I believe there is a feature that makes the iPod a better choice than those other players---- that is, superior integration/sync with your computer, and I think this is one of the key factors in the iPod's success.

The iPod integrates so well with iTunes (superior software than WMP10) and the iTMS (easy access to content). Other players made you use a horrible drag-and-drop interface (a nightmare if you have a large collection) and horrible software (Windows Media Player, anyone?)

i have the generation before this and i love it to death. i love that i have ALL my cd's on the one ipod, and I love that i can just plug it in almost anywhere to play my music/etc.

I've filled it almost full up.. and I use it so much everyday so it's starting to show age.. so I'm also in the market to get a new one.. Probably the same one you're getting, and an additional shuffle ipod for work with specific playlists. :smile:

I love mine! I've owned two of them so far (I have the black 60GB) and just bought my bf the ipod nano (going to give it to him for Christmas). Ipod is the king of all mp3's! The only thing I don't like about the ipods is that you buy one and then soon after that they come out with even another version! You'll see, a newer version will be coming out soon!

Oh
I love mine! I have had mine for over two years...time for a new one. It even has a name! My first passion is music, actually, so if I had to choose between a new bag and a new Ipod, I would go for the Ipod! (sorry). You will love it. There is a really good forum, I recommend, the ilounge.

thanks All! It's been nearly 3 months now and I don't know what I did without it. My treadmill workouts are so much more fun now and I also now have a clear plastic holder to protect it and a plug-in charger for when I can't plug it into my laptop. I'm off on my 2nd cross country plane trip in 2 months so it will be with me the entire time...woo hoo!