OMG, a BBB! So excited!! Advice please…

Young1987

O.G.
May 1, 2013
Hi everyone. I’m am so excited that I’ve been offered (and accepted!) a Black Box Birkin 25 Sellier with palladium hardware from the sweetest sales associate EVER!!

Please give me your advice on how to keep it beautiful. Also, should I attach the clochette and keys the way I do with other Birkins and Kellys?

Isn’t she beautiful??

Attachments

• IMG_0572.jpeg
    IMG_0572.jpeg
    218.9 KB · Views: 276
This is a dream bag of mine! Congrats on a heritage piece.

I would not hang the clochette and keys as Box scratches quite easily. Also avoid jeans with rivets, or anything sharp or studded (like a belt) that can mark up the bag.

I think you know that if Box gets wet, it should be dried off quickly.

Otherwise, use, carry, and enjoy!

As @allanrvj said.
I love Box leather and my fantasy dream is a BBB35 however having suffered blistering on a beautiful (non Hermes) box leather bag when I did'nt wipe it dry immediately after being caught in the rain (I live in London..Rain is not a rare occurence all year round) my experience has put me off of any major box leather purchases.
That would be the only thing I would worry about with box, water.

Hi everyone. I’m am so excited that I’ve been offered (and accepted!) a Black Box Birkin 25 Sellier with palladium hardware from the sweetest sales associate EVER!!

Please give me your advice on how to keep it beautiful. Also, should I attach the clochette and keys the way I do with other Birkins and Kellys?

Isn’t she beautiful??
wow, very nice---congrats!:love:

Reactions: Young1987
You are very fortunate
Don't be AFRAID to use it
Once the newness of ownership has worn off, you will start to use it just like any other bag you own and really be able to enjoy it
Note the advice about avoiding PROLONGED contact with water droplets - just wipe off immediately
It will develop a protective patina over time
My bag's clochette, keys and lock are in an orange box - one concession to extra care

Last edited:
Absolutely love box. BBB is a dream bag for me. As others have said, if it gets wet, just wipe it off. It may blister immediately but as long as you wipe off asap, it's easy. And as others have said, I wouldn't hang the clochette.

Enjoy your beautiful bag.