OMG $3,100 cellphone bill! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
:shame::sad: Aw I'm sorry! I wasn't implying that this was funny or not! I was just so flabbergasted.. and totally thought that it could NOT have been possible (like Selena). I've been over my bill TOO MANY times but never.. $3100... :Push:

Good luck and be careful next time!! :heart:

cindylicious said:
OMG, this is serious, it is not a joke at all. I cant believe that I went over by so much.:rant:

cindylicious said:
OMG, this is serious, it is not a joke at all. I cant believe that I went over by so much.:rant:

Cindy, give your cell phone provider a call. A representative will be able to modify/upgrade your calling plan and reduce the charges dramatically. The changes can be back dated, you don't have to wait until next billing cycle.

I have done these many times. My calling plan only allowed regional calls so my phone bill really added up with all the long distance charges. A representative modified/upgraded my plan by increasing the minute allowance and adding long distance calls, I ended up paying a lot less than the initial bill.

IntlSet said:
I have Cingular and I only pay $0.10 for every minute I go over.

IntlSet, I got my plan in 03' and had .75 if I was in a roaming area. I don't remember what is was if I went over but it wasn't cheap. Glad you got a decent deal. :yes: :rochard:

bag.lover said:
Cindy, give your cell phone provider a call. A representative will be able to modify/upgrade your calling plan and reduce the charges dramatically. The changes can be back dated, you don't have to wait until next billing cycle.

I have done these many times. My calling plan only allowed regional calls so my phone bill really added up with all the long distance charges. A representative modified/upgraded my plan by increasing the minute allowance and adding long distance calls, I ended up paying a lot less than the initial bill.

I AGREE! Give them a call and see if there's anything they can do. This is ridiculous. I'm sorry if this sounds redundant but.. are you sure you mad all those calls/sent all those messages? :shrugs: I just don't see how you can send 900 messages a day. That's CRAZY! :wtf:

27,000 text messages?? Does this sound like a real number Cindy?? If you are seriously texting that much....the $3k Bill might be the least of your problems! :smile: Just curious, how old are you?

edsbgrl said:
IntlSet, I got my plan in 03' and had .75 if I was in a roaming area. I don't remember what is was if I went over but it wasn't cheap. Glad you got a decent deal. :yes: :rochard:

Yeah, I know it used to be a lot more expensive. Now with the proliferation of cell phones, competition is stiff so we consumers benefit. I do remember back in the day when text messages were $0.25 each!

I agree with the others. Call them, you can even get some of this taken off as a one time courtesy if you let them know (if thats the case) that you didn't know your overage was this much.

Cindy, I would've sympathized with you if your cell phone bill was over $30. At $300 I would think, "Jesus, girl, you need some friends in your own country! Stop calling internationally!" And $3,000 you've paid for a good chunk of some Cingular employee's kid's tuition!

IntlSet said:
Yeah, I know it used to be a lot more expensive. Now with the proliferation of cell phones, competition is stiff so we consumers benefit. I do remember back in the day when text messages were $0.25 each!

Damn IntlSet, you must have a great plan. My texts are .10 to send and .10 for the person to receive. Typically I'm texting my DH so we get both ends. Who do you have if you don't mind me asking.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.