Old (discontinued) Pap?

Munchkyn

I LOVE Penguins
O.G.
Oct 28, 2005
Does anyone have the one where the trim is not vachetta but is the cross grained leather that is on the inside? I would like to see more pics or if anyone has more info about it. I think it would be a nice feature not to have to worry about vachetta.

Yes, I have the 26 and it's awesome! I use it in the rain! This type of bag was d/c in 2002 (?) or close to that year.

Here's a pic of it with my current-leather 30:

Attachments

• paps2.JPG
    paps2.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 66
karman said:
I was looking at the same bag, in fact.
Does anyone know if this material stains as easily as the new vachetta trim on the new papillons? Or is this leather treated so that it's more like...the Damier leather or the Epi?

eBay: Auth Louis Vuitton Monogram Papillon 30 Purse Hand Bag (item 220020702171 end time Aug-30-06 23:11:41 PDT)
It's the cross grain leather that lines the monogram wallets, it is very sturdy and stain resistant IMO.....I believe they started the vachetta on this piece around 2000-2001 or so......

So what do you think about the bag that let-trade is offering? Is it a bit too worn? (Especially the hardware...can I get it repolished by LV?) I really like the papillon, but I'm scared of the vachetta. I hope this type can stand winter weather...

^^^ Oh it will totally stand winter weather! I'm from Alberta! I've used it in light snow (although with any bag, I try to shield it from any bad weather) and it remains in mint condition! Great bag!

The one from let-trade is okay - they do show up on eBay and in better condition. It costs about 70Cdn to replace the zipper.