Okay this is an off the wall question.....outlet related.

The outlets we have in Maine are fabulous, but I have to say the best one by far I have been to is in Orlando! Maine is a great state for a beautiful relaxing vacation though!

If you go to San Diego or Southern California, I can tell you that the outlet in Las Americas by the Mexico border isn't very good. It's alright in size, but it's clearance section is pretty worthless. The Carlsbad outlet (right by Legoland and the flower fields) is the one I used to work for. It's nicely sized and is in a nice outlet mall (they also have D&B and Juicy and many other outlets) and it has a better clearance section.

I live in TX now and have to say that the San Marcos outlet is the best one I have ever seen. It's about 3 hours from Houston, so if Houston is 7 hours away from you, then you're looking at approx. a ten hour trip.

San Antonio is very pretty. The Alamo is great, and the river walk is SO pretty. Not too far from there is also Natural Bridge Caverns. I made my bf take me there when we went. It's this huge underground cave system with all these stalactites *sp* and stalagmites and beautiful rock formations. It is totally worth the trip to go there. Plus there is also some kind of Natural Bridge wild animal park around there somewhere too I think. (I can't remember, but I've seen the signs for it.)

There is a lot to do in San Antonio and it's surrounding areas. I believe San Marcos is about an hour from there. (I think, could be wrong.) Plus there is also the Round Rock outlet which is within an hour from San Marcos too. I've never been to it, but have heard it's okay, just not as good as San Marcos.

I just got back from California and Vegas and I have to say that Vegas by far had better things at their outlets.. there is an outlet in Primm.. which is further South, and 2 in Vegas.. lots to do there too!! !

oh, I should have suggested Destin, FL also. I think the outlet is nice (I've only ever been to two different Coach outlets) and I always seem to find something good. It has a nice clearance section and the associates are very friendly and helpful. It's a pretty outdoor center and it also has a Dooney & Bourke outlet which I also have found good deals at. And the Destin beaches are beautiful!! I've been to Hawaii and talking just beaches, I prefer Destin's white sand, low wave beaches. Perfect for younger kids! *I have only been to the big island and Oahu and don't get me wrong, I loved it, but as far as the beaches go, I personally prefer Destin.*
Oh and if you drive over via 98, you would go right through Foley, AL which has an outlet also. This one is smaller than the Destin store and the associates are a little over the top nice, you know when it gets to the point where they kinda hover trying to help you out and you just want to shop already. But, hey, you'd get to hit two outlets:graucho:
Anyway... Destin in nice:smile:

San Marcos is great, Vegas is also great (and Vegas is a heck of a lot more fun vacation than San Marcos)

But, having said that, you could go to San Antonio on the riverwalk, which is also very fun, and San Marcos is about 35 mins north of there. And if you want to drive another 45 mins north, theres another coach outlet in round rock (just north of austin which is another fun town)

If you go to San Diego or Southern California, I can tell you that the outlet in Las Americas by the Mexico border isn't very good. It's alright in size, but it's clearance section is pretty worthless. The Carlsbad outlet (right by Legoland and the flower fields) is the one I used to work for. It's nicely sized and is in a nice outlet mall (they also have D&B and Juicy and many other outlets) and it has a better clearance section.

I totally agree with this - I live in San Diegp. I gave the Las Americas a shot, and they actually had one or two cute items in the clearance section, but not in colors I actually wanted. :/ Carlsbad is much better.

Free dining is awesome! It's when you buy a package and stay onsight you get FREE DINING! Email me and I'll explain it all to you [email protected]

San Antonio sounds wonderful and we actually have never been there! I think I'll look into it! Not sure how far it is but don't think it's all that bad. Houston is a 7 hour drive I think.
No, no, no...Houston is less than 2 hours from San Antonio! I used to live in Houston for about 4 years...great city and so is SA!

I have to say GULF SHORES, ALABAMA! The Coach Outlet is in Foley, about 20 minutes from the beach. It is a great outlet. We don't actually stay in Gulf Shores, but about 15 miles to the west in Fort Morgan. The sand is white and clean...the beach is never crowded...it is undeveloped and not "touristy"...and close enough to Gulf Shores that if you want to go to a restaurant or a tourist attraction you can. There is great outlet shopping in Foley and the Coach Outlet SA's there are the BEST! We go there every spring break and I love it! We have already booked next year.

San Antonio resident here...I actually live in a suburb just outside the city limits on the way to the outlet in San Marcos. I am 20 mins away from the outlet!!! I think they know me well in there. I live right down the road from Natural Bridge Caverns and the wildlife park. Our Coach outlet often has Legacy returns and many nice regular line handbags that have gone out of season. I just picked up a straw basket for $119 - regularly $268. I also got several Mandy suede couriers for $260!!!! I had to return them though because I kept the white - it was so painful to do!!! I tried to sell them on E-bay first but they didn't sell. We have a great city and a great outlet - there are over 200 stores including Armani, Pottery Barn, Kenneth Cole, Dooney & Bourke (GREAT sales)...just about everything you could ever want.

LOL! I have tried Disney but I've been OVERRULED!!!!

For the past, oh say, 7 or 8 years I've planned a vacation to Disney at least twice a year. I actually have two SUPER friends in the Tampa area that I made on the DIS boards (A Disney Forum sort of like this.) One is from Pinellas Park and the other from Lutz!

Anyway I was over ruled by my hubby and son who said NO DISNEY this year. Made me cry! I am a disney ADDICT!!!!!!

Bethie I am on the Disboards too! We go to Disney a couple times of year too. When my husband gets sick of it I talk him into a Disney Cruise. Why not take a short Disney Cruise and then spend a few days at Disney.

I really think San Antonio might be possible. I'm going to spend the next few days looking things up to show him. Heck he'll be happy because it's the opposite direction of Disney!

I would love to visit Puerto Rico!

I would also love to take a Disney Cruise. One day!!!!

I've actually been to Primm! Not to the outlets but passed through the town. It has that weird rollercoaster thing right? About 30 minutes outside of Vegas towards California?

I really think San Antonio might be possible. I'm going to spend the next few days looking things up to show him. Heck he'll be happy because it's the opposite direction of Disney!

I would love to visit Puerto Rico!

I would also love to take a Disney Cruise. One day!!!!

I've actually been to Primm! Not to the outlets but passed through the town. It has that weird rollercoaster thing right? About 30 minutes outside of Vegas towards California?
pm me if you want, I got married in san antonio, so we put together a packet for all of our guests on all the tourist fun stuff to do and the best restaurants, etc.

we go all the time and are all touristy on the riverwalk