Okay Jim Long, we give up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first read that I thought, "I do NOT"! :lol:

But, yep, you are right. I am one of those that take these kinds of things probably more seriously than others.

I always put myself in the other persons place and wonder how they feel. If they're playing us, then they're having a great laugh too at the drama of it all.

But, if they're a legitimate poster, where can this thread ultimately lead? Where will it end and what good can it do? If he's real, he has to feel targeted and defensive. How do you defend yourself on a forum of women who have ganged together and made assumptions?

I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad by posting my feelings. I just find the gang mentality absolutely offensive. Many of you are just having fun and I know that and Jim probably does too.

But, I just don't see where this thread can do any good for a legitimate Jim.:shrugs:

IF and only IF Jim posts of picture of himself with his fiancé holding the BG bag and the pictures are the same posted previously by Jim, will I buy this. I'm sorry, but I'm very suspicious by nature and from day one this seemed fishy. Too knowledgeable about bbag terms from day one. It takes most GIRLS a couple of months or more to even have half the knowledge that Jim does.

Also, there is a PF for guys. I don't recall the name but they found the PF and came here. I recall sammydoll blasting them and they also discussed the girls on TPF on their forum. I'm wondering if Jim is from that forum?
It can easily be proved Jim. Just post a picture of you, your fiancé and the BG bag. Very easy. Then I will believe..... probably.;)

Jim, you're not shy about posting pics of yourself(nice looking guy too) and your fiancé(pretty girl) so let's see one of you two together with the gorgeous BG bag. You can end the suspicion. We girls are inquisitive and suspicious by nature, you have to convince us.:yes:

IF and only IF Jim posts of picture of himself with his fiancé holding the BG bag and the pictures are the same posted previously by Jim, will I buy this. I'm sorry, but I'm very suspicious by nature and from day one this seemed fishy. Too knowledgeable about bbag terms from day one. It takes most GIRLS a couple of months or more to even have half the knowledge that Jim does.

Yep!

.....and yes some of you are taking this a bit too seriously in the other direction.

But, I just don't see where this thread can do any good for a legitimate Jim.:shrugs:

Well, I hope that the positive and curious posts just serve to give Jim a lot of attention from a bunch of fanatic bbag gals. What guy wouldn't like some extra attention (and maybe a few laughs)? Hang in there with us Jim!:flowers: And if all of this attention is bugging you, let us know.

exp 1 of 1,1345
so...
I was in a BIG meeting a few weeks ago. SAHM status has decreased my brain cells and my social skills, so my adreniline(sp?) really gets to pumping at these things.

I was trying to convince the largest school district in my state to buy an educational program. It was our 3rd meeting. This was the time to close the deal.

THe meeting goes great. One of the principal's stands up to shake my hand and I forget I have a glass of water in my hand and I proceed to throw it at her. It bounces off her skirt and waters the desk and floor.

Nice.

I've got more..... anyone????

There really is no reason to be defensive.....

IF Jim is a man, he should be laughing his head off right now at how stupid we are. RIGHT! What's the big deal!

I mean, can you ladies not understand why we are skeptical?

jeez.....

exp 1 of 1,1345
so...
I was in a BIG meeting a few weeks ago. SAHM status has decreased my brain cells and my social skills, so my adreniline(sp?) really gets to pumping at these things.

I was trying to convince the largest school district in my state to buy an educational program. It was our 3rd meeting. This was the time to close the deal.

THe meeting goes great. One of the principal's stands up to shake my hand and I forget I have a glass of water in my hand and I proceed to throw it at her. It bounces off her skirt and waters the desk and floor.

Nice.

Holy %%%% that is funny!!
Sorry, I can relate being a SAHM for the last 7 years.

exp 1 of 1,1345
so...

Nice.

:back2topic:............

I'm going to give my unsolicited 2 cents on why threads like this bother me, and I mean no disrespect to the OP, as I think she simply has a strong wit and was trying to be funny in regards to some of her sucpicions.

I've been on other brand forums here where this same thing has happened and it starts out fun and innocent, but what always happens, is a gang mentality forms and before you know it, there's a large group of people jumping to assumptions, even if it is all fun, and almost ganging up on a person.

I always think in the back of my mind, what if this person is legit. How awkward? What if he got worried about buying a fake bag and that's how he found this place? That's how I found it. What if we were nice here and that's why he stayed...because he figured out there were a lot of wise bbag gals that could make his search for presents much easier.

I know we've all been duped before and there's that fear of being made the fool, but listen, I manage to make a fool of myself all the time w/no help from anyone, so if I'm wrong on JIM, meh...so I'm wrong. I'd rather be wrong and make him feel invited and welcome that make him feel like a target.

And, if anyone wants some comic relief, I could gladly share my weekly adventures into embarrassment and fooldome with you...

Thank you for posting this mshel, I completely agree!! I felt a sick knot in my stomach when I first saw this thread, because Jim - whoever he may be - has always been so nice and sweet to us. I know that when something seems to good to be true it usually is, but on the flip side I totally understand where Jim is coming from and why he would be on here. My DF absolutely loves video games - something that I could really care less about!! In 2006 when they first announced the anticipated release of the Playstation 3 he was soooo excited, but at the same time I knew that he would never buy one when they first came out because he is soooo much more frugal with $ than I am!! So, since I couldn't ask him anything about it because I knew he would know what I was up to, I began visiting gaming websites, chatrooms, etc. trying to find information. As a result, I was able to get on a waiting list for one and he was thrilled when I surprised him with it. Also, I don't really think it's that unusual for guys who are as much in :love: as Jim seems to be to put so much effort into pleasing their sweetheart. I know other guys who have spent months researching and planning anniversary trips, diamond purchases, etc. Jim is just doing the same thing with bbags.

". Awhile back I was married to someone all too American, and it just didn't work out for me, the cultural gap was too much (I know that will amaze a lot of people). "

Should we "American" gals be offended by that comment!!! ??? :shrugs:

That's exactly what I thought...I do think it was an offensive comment. Maybe he is just a little too "British"?

Status
Not open for further replies.