Okay I need your expertise this time around guys!

missbabydolce said:
hmm.. i remember my brother buying me LV, well i prefer the trouville! its SOOOO cute! and i think its less common then the speedy! which i love....i was thinking about trying to SO it in epi...

Ooo that would look hot in Epi wouldn't it? I can't imagine how much it would cost... but yeah... speaking of S/O... we have a Luco in Epi if anyone is interested at the store! I think it was $2500.00+ or was it $2700.00 - I forgot...but its there...

Thanks for your input as well!

I hope she will feel the same way about the Trouville.

Dickies80 said:
I dunno its kind of a toss up, I know my sister isn't that comfortable with large bags...although, I know she wants something with "volume" which I feel the Speedy would meet her needs better.

I think the speedy 30 is a better choice 'volume' wise.

Munchkyn said:
I would go with the speedy 30. In my opinion, I think the trouville looks better on an older person whereas the speedy looks good on all ages. I personally think it looks like a mini suitcase. I like that it has extra pockets which she may need but I don't think it matters if the speedy is overly seen or grossly faked if she likes it.

I like what you said too... thank you! I think she'll feel its a mini suit case too...

I would also vote for the Speedy 30, I really don't like the Trouville or Deauville that much. It seems like luggage, and the handles are tiny! I have very small hands and wrists, and I can barely fit the handles on my arm.

I'm an LV newbie, but I do like the way the Trouville looks a little bit more than the Speedy because it's more structured. However, since your sister has expressed that she wants a Speedy, I would get her that one. :yes:

the Trouville gets my vote too... too too many Speedys around (at least everybody's graduated from the Pochette Accessoires craze). but ultimately you should get what she really likes ;)

my vote for trouville laurence.. i have in mono,.. and thinking to get the MC> just get something not so ordinary.. and trouville... is so structure.. love the classy shape.. hold a lot as well..
anyway.. your sister so lucky...

If she has small hands the Trouville - otherwise, although I love the shape of the Trouville more, get the Speedy. The Trouville's handles are just too small. I asked once if they could put larger handles on and they said no. Have you ever heard of them switching handles?

My 2 cents....
I'm 5'8" and have a mono trouville and an MC speedy. The speedy will hold more, but being petit I'm thinking she'd look great with the trouville as long as you think she'd be happy with the shorter handles.
I carry one of the long pochette shoulder straps inside my trouville all the time just in case I need to be hands-free, and using the strap also guards against the dreaded dirty handle syndrome.
What a great brother you are...I'm sure whichever you choose, she'll be over the moon!

the trouville~ No saggy bottom to worry about and you have handy dandy pockets to put your stuff in. plus its different. I love my speedy, dont get me wrong, but i am all for the structured unsaggy pocket-full-ness of the trouville, i would get one if the handles were different. She could fit more in the speedy, it is much more comfortable to carry (hand or arm), and ultimately its what she really wants. There is nothing more disappointing then not getting what you want for your birthday. I say get her the Speedy and if she changes her mind then she changes her mind!