Ok, those of us who have been buying LV for years now oh how the prices have changed!

I was in art class and "looking for inspiration" in an old old magazine (from 1985 or so) and it had an lv add (not as attractive like the ones today) and they had the prices written on it!!! they had the hard wodden suitcases (the large ones sorry i dont acctually know the name lol) for around $5000!!!!!!! Australian dollar!! i couldnt believe it

Lol..I'm into old ads like the ones from Saks that advertise the luggage. I bought one from the 70's and have it framed on my wall..it advertises one of the HUGE wardrobe steamers for only $6000.

Its all relative. Everything goes up. Houses, taxes, you could buy all kinds of things cheaper 5 years ago. I am sure you are making more now then you were 5 years ago. I love this about LV. Helps to maintain the line integrity. The purchases you make today will feel like bargains in 5 years trust me! :smile:

I remember the MC keepall at 2180 and then I went to buy it and it went to 2310 and then to 2410 and then 2470 and is now 2590! I bought mine is 04 and paid 2310 retail and it has gone up 280 in a little over 1.5 years

I wished that I bought what I wanted like a few years back, back then, who would have thought that LV prices will just keep going up. I bought my monogram coin/keypouch for Canadian$90 and my 6 credit card wallet for C$180 back in the early ninties. Back then I found it expensive, let alone now.

Lola24 said:
It was like 2001 I think, I was actually between the piano and the looping at the time but got the looping (mm) (back when they first came out they were the same price than the piano went up a little more than the looping) anyway, I had been a federated dept. store employee at the time which got me a 20% discount when using my Macy's card, right before I left that job I went to Macy's Herald Square and got myself the looping MM and the PTI with my discount.....the looping was like $440 with tax! Those were the days...........

There's nothin we can do about it, I wish there was!

awawaw, were you really?? i was between the piano and mini looping, i ended up getting mini looping for $430....back then! :nuts: spontini came out around that time too....remember?!! :P good 'ol days....:crybaby: :lol:

Selena said:
Its all relative. Everything goes up. Houses, taxes, you could buy all kinds of things cheaper 5 years ago. I am sure you are making more now then you were 5 years ago. I love this about LV. Helps to maintain the line integrity. The purchases you make today will feel like bargains in 5 years trust me! :smile:

That's exactly what my husband says to me when I get upset about the prices being soooo much higher than 5 yrs ago....it is all relative, and I do make a much better living now than then....but I always wonder what it would be like if those prices were still the same....it sure would be fun! Besides, their price increases has been exceptionally high, I figure maybe a 3% increase a year is fair, but theirs have been at least 10% every year, some years higher......