Ok so dosnt this ever put you off Chanel

BgaHolic said:
Wonderfully said!!!!! I agree with every word! This, to me, is the meaning of finding true happiness!!! My very wealthy grandfather (who earned his money by working 18 hrs. a day & not inheriting it) once asked me what I would want. After I told him he responded with "and then" and I told him and this kept going on until I said no more and he said there will always be more. The true secret to happiness is having enough!:biggrin:

Your grandfather is a wise man.

I like it! But it doesn't look like they offer it in any other colors. I would really like to see it in something solid, not python or whatever that is. Reptile/Animal skins kind of gives me the willies. :biggrin:
Great bag! I love the embossed lizard, and the color looks like a pewter metallic to me. It's modern and ladylike at the same time!

Here is my .02:

Chanel doesn't care whether or not we like the price increases because we are not their demographic. Their demographic doesn't save for a bag or consider it a splurge. Their target market doesn't wait for months or years on end until they can afford one bag, and then post in the forums about how they don't dare let it touch the floor for fear of dirtying the bag they're going to carry the next 10 years.

I know it's disheartening but it's true. If us little people could easily afford Chanel then it simply wouldn't be Chanel and big spenders wouldn't buy it. I'm sure between all the celebrities, socialites and the politician's wives here in DC that profits are just fine. They put about as much thought into their purchase as we do our Starbucks latte...even though I am bitter about their prices lately :smile:...

You hit the nail on the head!!

I am and always will be enamored by Chanel - but when I come back down to reality - it, the flap in particular, really isn't the kind of bag I want to carry around...I do have other Chanel pre-loved styles.

I can still enjoy the images of it - but I've come to the realization that it's not a bag i WANT to pay for or carry around.

I know it's tough - when you have a favorite bag - you really can't get it out of your head - just give it a few days.

I will never save up to buy a Chanel bag..The price kills it for me, I wouldnt be able to enjoy it knowing I had to save SO long for it. I do have to say that if I ever win the lottery, or happen to make a lot of money that I could just go out and buy it...I would most likely buy one because I love the "feel" of Chanel :smile:

I think it's absolutely fine to have a line that you won't cross when it comes to the amount you will pay for a bag. Dare I say, I think it's even sensible?

I see bags everyday that I covet, but I have my limit and I don't go beyond. I find plenty of things below my limit to keep me happy.

Liking, even loving something and not getting it hasn't done me any harm yet.;)

So true! Thank you!

You rarely pay for quality when it comes to luxury items, it is a known fact that you can also get quality from other bags at a tenth of the price of a Chanel.

You pay for its originality and novelty. Every quilted bag that comes our way, whether it be from a high end designer or a contemporary one, we always say, 'that bag looks like Chanel.' We don't say it looks like Kate Spade or Marc Jacobs, etc. Chanel is always the first thing that comes to mind because it is iconic. Its timeless style is simply unparalleled. The name is a bonus, but at the end of the day, if you don't like it enough, you can't justify any amount of money you put on it :smile:

You rarely pay for quality when it comes to luxury items, it is a known fact that you can also get quality from other bags at a tenth of the price of a Chanel.

You pay for its originality and novelty. Every quilted bag that comes our way, whether it be from a high end designer or a contemporary one, we always say, 'that bag looks like Chanel.' We don't say it looks like Kate Spade or Marc Jacobs, etc. Chanel is always the first thing that comes to mind because it is iconic. Its timeless style is simply unparalleled. The name is a bonus, but at the end of the day, if you don't like it enough, you can't justify any amount of money you put on it :smile:

Well said! That's why I think it's no point asking "if it's the same bag but not by Chanel, would you get it" type question. Sorry but if it's not Chanel, the it's not the same bag! Being Chanel is a big part of this bag!

i regret getting into expensive bag and have pretty much abandaned buying expensive ones and invest more in jewelry now.

And I don't like Chanel's bag styles. I hate chain straps.

Tinagirl11 said:

Truly agree wholeheartedly.

Love what you said. You are a smart girl comes to shopping, wish I could do that...
I think it's absolutely fine to have a line that you won't cross when it comes to the amount you will pay for a bag. Dare I say, I think it's even sensible?

I see bags everyday that I covet, but I have my limit and I don't go beyond. I find plenty of things below my limit to keep me happy.

Liking, even loving something and not getting it hasn't done me any harm yet.;)

Love what you said. You are a smart girl comes to shopping, wish I could do that...

You can do it! It just takes practice. ;)
But once you conquer yourself, it feels good. Even better than getting the thing that you thought you really, really wanted.

I just tell myself, "there will always be something else you want... maybe even something better!" That's what always keeps me from spending more than I really should.

Plus, I personally get much more of a rush out of getting something great for a great price. Seems like I "earned" it more somehow. I mean really, anyone can go out and buy something expensive. It just takes a credit card. But finding/getting a good deal... that takes a certain talent, and also leg work!:graucho:

Nope it didn't put me off & even though it increased a couple of months after I had originally planned on purchasing a Jumbo but purchased the GST instead I still went ahead & paid the 10% increase & I would buy another if I wasn't Chanel content but yes you are right there price increases are insane but when I was speaking to my lovely SA she was telling me that it takes 10 years of training before they can do the quilting on the Chanel bags so it is a skilled art IMO & I will always love Chanel.......If you are planning on buying one you better get in quick because there is a rumoured increase of 20% in June so don't wait like I did, they only went up the beginning of the year by 10% on top of what I paid & I purchased my Jumbo in September.

How can you not call this a picture of beauty & worth the money IMO
004.jpg
You're right, it is a beauty! This is the one I would love!