Official MOYNAT Thread

I know we explored this a bit in the past, but the more I think about it the more I wonder how this brand will survive without an online shopping presence?? I am just baffled that they pulled down their website shopping with so few boutiques in the US. I am really curious what the overall plan and reasoning for this is. Has anyone heard any more about what is happening with Moynat? News about their long term plans for the brand? The new bags are super cute (expensive, but when has that ever slowed a brand down?) and would most likely sell well online so it seems mysterious to me it would all abruptly get shut down.

I know we explored this a bit in the past, but the more I think about it the more I wonder how this brand will survive without an online shopping presence?? I am just baffled that they pulled down their website shopping with so few boutiques in the US. I am really curious what the overall plan and reasoning for this is. Has anyone heard any more about what is happening with Moynat? News about their long term plans for the brand? The new bags are super cute (expensive, but when has that ever slowed a brand down?) and would most likely sell well online so it seems mysterious to me it would all abruptly get shut down.
And I’ve noticed the last IG post was in the first part of February — over a month ago. I checked their IG account last night because I recalled not seeing a MOYNAT post for a while.

They are trying to be Goyard. They think they can pull back what was once freely available to purchase online, and then create the illusion of "exclusivity".

A typical LVMH move, just like what LV did to the Capucines bag when it was suddenly pulled from the online store and now only available via "concierge services". I read somewhere that LV is positioning the Capucines as the Birkin of LV, i.e. elusive, limited availability, precious, etc., that's why they did it like that.

I don't know if this is a 100% true or an exaggeration, but I heard from someone on Instagram that they went to the Moynat store in Paris and found all sorts of canvas bags, but no Rejane or Gabrielle in sight.

Sad times for a brand that was once flourishing in terms of leather craftsmanship and design.

They are trying to be Goyard. They think they can pull back what was once freely available to purchase online, and then create the illusion of "exclusivity".

A typical LVMH move, just like what LV did to the Capucines bag when it was suddenly pulled from the online store and now only available via "concierge services". I read somewhere that LV is positioning the Capucines as the Birkin of LV, i.e. elusive, limited availability, precious, etc., that's why they did it like that.

I don't know if this is a 100% true or an exaggeration, but I heard from someone on Instagram that they went to the Moynat store in Paris and found all sorts of canvas bags, but no Rejane or Gabrielle in sight.

Sad times for a brand that was once flourishing in terms of leather craftsmanship and design.
They're sloppy about it too. The website still invites me to choose my country and shop in my currency.

For those who are in the U.S.. and sad about not having online website, I would recommend making a connection with an SA at one of the stores. The individual service is amazing, my SA sends me texts and pics and videos etc of what they have just gotten in. (Made the connection first in person when I visited the boutique on a trip.) And because I don't have a boutique in my home state, when he ships the item to me, I don't pay tax. It's very relaxed, zero pressure to buy anything but I always feel informed. I found the brand just before some of the other changes kicked in (ie some outsourcing of production to other countries). I do appreciate the sense of loss from what the brand was, but I will also say that my shopping experience feels very personal, and not stressful, in contrast to the SA relationship of that other, ahem, orange bag brand. Happy to share my SA contact through DM. Also picked up a new goodie which I will share when I receive it!

I thought they only offered the online shopping option for a short time? I had to purchase in 2022 (2021?) by contacting the store and speaking with an SA and thought that was the way it had always been.

Yes, that is correct. There was a time when they had a website that only showed products but would not do purchases. I was surprised when they started to allow online purchases and I'm not surprised to see that option removed.

Reactions: topochico
This awesome "pochette" arrived on my doorstep today. It's my first M canvas piece; the canvas does feel much thicker than Goyard. I love the size, functionality with outside slip pocket, and a wristlet thing on the back. Made in Italy. I had the option to have an initial hand painted but prefered the original clean look. Haven't been this excited about a Moynat bag in a while! 1000010865.jpg1000010864.jpg

wow I am late to the party! Saw some of the new offerings on IG, tried going to the website to see the full line-up but then saw the online store was gone and RUSHED here! Really surprised and disappointed at the online store going away - I do live close to a physical store but prefer to get info without having to deal with a SA when I can.

One thing I do really like is the M-shaped dip in the new canvas bag - any chance we'll see that in a leather tote in the future?

Reactions: Mousy
The SA at the Saks boutique in NYC said that they do not want to do e-commerce. I said that was a ridiculous idea because the market in the US is under represented. Only one boutique on the West coast is ridiculous. That said, I have found the SA at Saks to be super helpful with sending me pictures of new bags. The impression that I got is that they are a little bit lost right now in terms of direction of growth. I plan to inquire more when I visit Paris in May.

The SA at the Saks boutique in NYC said that they do not want to do e-commerce. I said that was a ridiculous idea because the market in the US is under represented. Only one boutique on the West coast is ridiculous. That said, I have found the SA at Saks to be super helpful with sending me pictures of new bags. The impression that I got is that they are a little bit lost right now in terms of direction of growth. I plan to inquire more when I visit Paris in May.
I don't doubt that they are lost without a creative director for such a long time. I really feel for the longtime SAs, they are probably dealing with a lot more casual inquiries that could have easily been addressed if there was even a "brochure-ware" website.

Very perplexing. If the suits want Moynat to be Goyard they are doing it wrong.

Reactions: Mousy and Joeli7