Official Coach CHAT Thread!!!

Today I got an email from Tradesy advertising "This collection will save you thousands of dollars." It features this picture:tradesy ad.PNG
Isn't that a mini Dakotah? When you click on the "shop this collection" button, Coach isn't even included! I bet their editors have no clue.

Reactions: eleanors36
Does this signal of the end of an era? Will Coach no longer give or send replacement hang tags? Are they going to charge for them?

I saw this at TJ Maxx. The tag showed a factory style number and $5 "retail" price. TJ's is charging $1.99.

Screen Shot 2016-09-05 at 6.46.03 PM.png

I need to learn to stay away from the Facebook ads that Coach posts. Soooo many of the people commenting have no clue what they're talking about! A lot of people even accused the ad of being one of those scammer sites. ( The pictures led me to the real site, with the proper web address, so it wasn't a scam site. ) There was also erroneous info such as "Real Coach are only made in the U.S. Everything made in China is fake!" It makes my head want to explode.
I had to back away slowly from the keyboard...haha.

Reactions: Hobbsy
I need to learn to stay away from the Facebook ads that Coach posts. Soooo many of the people commenting have no clue what they're talking about! A lot of people even accused the ad of being one of those scammer sites. ( The pictures led me to the real site, with the proper web address, so it wasn't a scam site. ) There was also erroneous info such as "Real Coach are only made in the U.S. Everything made in China is fake!" It makes my head want to explode.
I had to back away slowly from the keyboard...haha.
I wandered there once too......never again!!!

I haven't been on here in a long time (had to stop buying bags, yadda yadda...) but I had a nagging question that I did an internet search and searched here as well for but couldn't find it. I didn't want to post a new thread so I thought I'd ask here. I own several Coach Ergo Pleated Satchels with the kisslock frames and I have it in silver, magenta, patent black, patent fuchsia and patent green (I think that's it.....I'll have to check as I switch bags only a few times a year). I remember there being a gold one that's limited edition or something? Does anyone remember or can help me? I searched on eBay last night and see some listings that have been completed but they say silver/platinum and I thought the shade might be called platinum but then the listing doesn't make sense as I have the silver one already (meaning I couldn't tell if the seller wasn't sure or they have a silver one and called it platinum as well but it's actually not platinum if that is even the real other shade, etc). The style is this for those that go by a visual image better:
3336594058_13c8141eeb_b.jpg

I admit I do enjoy reading the "rude comments" threads because it's like a petri dish of all the awkwardly rude things that people could ever say to another person under the guise of "friendly advice." I never thought I'd be one to be able to add to the chatter re: Coach! The other day at work a coworker made an allusion to my bag left on a cafeteria table as I was getting some items from the fridge, asking if it was someone else's--because, ostensibly, the only other person who also carries the same brand must've left it and clearly we're the only 2 who carry such a brand (bags look nothing alike save for logo). I am sure it was a harmless comment, but it shows that the brand name on bags matters to some, especially after the comment about the "issue with Coach is that they're so expensive." I was further given information that she also was shocked her own mother "always" got new bags.

Not to get too deep and into sociological gender studies, but I am always disappointed when behaviors or trends that are traditionally associated with females are degraded or made light of as being a waste of time, interest or money. I pointed this out to my partner when he disparaged a recent acquisition as wasteful and worthy of admonishing laughter. This, after we'd both watched (I, more in curious support) YouTube videos of luxury skeleton watches (is that what they're called??) that he had a fleeting interest in for over a year. He denied it, saying he would equally make fun of people interested in luxury or expensive electronics, automobiles or the like. I then asked why, but the answer was not satisfactory.

In the end, I obviously am a grown ass woman who can spend her discretionary income any way she pleases, but it is so disappointing. My mother is a collector of creepy ass porcelain dolls (this, I promise you, was seriously a thing for many decades!) in frilly period dress, and my very good friend collects "figurines" (read: miniature dolls) of action figures from his latest television obsession, meanwhile a very nice colleague of mine collects rare book editions and attempts to keep them from souring or molding--often ordering them from overseas--despite the fact they're available as ePub or Kindle .mobi files...and for free, sometimes! *gasp*

Alright, going to go back to petting my collection now.

I received one of my orders today and I was impressed with the shipping time. I ordered it on Wednesday and I already received it. This bag is 1000x more beautiful in real life than in all the photos I've seen BUT I'm absolutely heartbroken at the amount of scuffs and scratches on it so I'm not sure if I'll keep it.

Is this common ordering this type of leather online? I ordered the Ace satchel twice when it first came out and both bags were badly scratched and scuffed. I am in no way super picky but at this price point I'd like to have a scuff free bag. I can't get the scratches/scuffs to show well in photos since the bag is black but is this common in this type of leather? Is there any way to fix it?

IMG_1474647885.789139.jpg
IMG_1474647918.372613.jpg
IMG_1474647934.323102.jpg
IMG_1474647971.824990.jpg
IMG_1474647995.210006.jpg
IMG_1474648029.196361.jpg
IMG_1474648057.550192.jpg