Seasonal Official BV Pre-F & Fall/Winter 2011 Thread! Post pics and discuss here

It's a shame they don't make minis any more but I can forgive the man who brought to life so many other beautiful things that even just admiring them and cannot afford them makes me happy.

Maybe it is precisely because that a true artist like TM doesn't listen to other people's opinions that he is capable to create amazing things?

they don't make the mini anymore because they are making bags like the nuvaloto caimin which is the same size as the mini
the mini was intended for the asian market only to begin with
Hawaii is considered the asian market because of the tourist trade
it might make a come back you never know with BV

I haven't seen the new Montaigne in person yet (trapped in a BV wasteland...) but everything I have heard and seen about it just makes me sad and empty. The excitement I used to have for each new season is just gone... there may still be something special that makes my heart sing but the base of my BV love just was taken away. I know that sounds overly dramatic but it is just how I feel - seeing the new colours each season and imagining how they would look in the Montaigne and then tracking down the perfect Montaigne(s) each season (and sometimes having to go around the world to get them) was so so much fun. And I just can't work up that enthusiasm with the new Montaigne... I don't even know the names of the fall colours this year.

ohh bookermoose I feel your pain :sad:
My SA said that she liked the new Montaigne
that it was a modern version
(she doesn't just sell me things)
maybe you should get one sent to you on consignment
see how it feels when you have it in your hand, on your arm

You are a better person than I am. :lol:

It is easier to say the right thing when one is not personally/emotionally involved.

Today I had a bitter taste of my own medicine. (is that the correct saying?)
Anyho, I found out that (again) that there is really no perfect man (except my DF of course :P). Today, I actually found a BV bag that I really do not like at all: the new pyramid. That darn thing keeps sliding off my shoulder.

I hope the nice seller will take it back. PLEASE!!!!!

So many pretties in the fall catalog. There's a croc montaigne in the original montaigne style. I wonder if BV will be doing these upscale fabrications in the old montaigne style much like they're doing the upscale totes which resemble the mini cabat?

It is easier to say the right thing when one is not personally/emotionally involved.

Anyho, I found out that (again) that there is really no perfect man (except my DF of course :P). Today, I actually found a BV bag that I really do not like at all: the new pyramid. That darn thing keeps sliding off my shoulder.

it's strange that the new pyramid, which is narrower, slides off your shoulder but not the sloane. maybe you just need to break in the new pyramid?

Then I think you'd have problems with the sloane too.

it's strange that the new pyramid, which is narrower, slides off your shoulder but not the sloane. maybe you just need to break in the new pyramid?

I agree this is something to consider, chungwan. If you tried on the New Pyramid empty or with stuffing only, try it on again with your wallet and other things inside. I think the weight of the objects might help keep it on your shoulder (the weight would cause the bag to drape downwrd, too). But, if you still don't like it, I hope you'll be able to return it without trouble.

I haven't seen the new Montaigne in person yet (trapped in a BV wasteland...) but everything I have heard and seen about it just makes me sad and empty. The excitement I used to have for each new season is just gone... there may still be something special that makes my heart sing but the base of my BV love just was taken away. I know that sounds overly dramatic but it is just how I feel - seeing the new colours each season and imagining how they would look in the Montaigne and then tracking down the perfect Montaigne(s) each season (and sometimes having to go around the world to get them) was so so much fun. And I just can't work up that enthusiasm with the new Montaigne... I don't even know the names of the fall colours this year.

Hi BookerMoose - I finally saw the Montaigne earlier this summer at Holts (ebano). Lucky for me, I am not in love with it so there's a huge savings for me there. Now there is an orange one. They are rather heavy but on the small side...nice, but I'm not in love with them (thank goodness) :lol: