Official bottega veneta chat thread - thread #4

Thank you @Nibb :smile:

I needed to hear that

I do think its pretty, but u are right. This is the second pouch i’ve tried, and The leather is not in the same league as the leather on TM bags. Its just not. And the shininess bothers me. Not sure if its some kind of seal or something? but DL era bags have this sheen to the leather. Its not as luxe as old bottega.
Balenciaga went shiny with their agneau bags around 2012, I think it was a protective coating. It wasn’t a popular choice.
Don’t let a good deal sway you to keep a bag you’re not totally in love with.

Balenciaga went shiny with their agneau bags around 2012, I think it was a protective coating. It wasn’t a popular choice.
Don’t let a good deal sway you to keep a bag you’re not totally in love with.
Ok so it must be some kind of coating too. Def looks it to me, and a very different look/feel compared to old bottega.

Great point. Love vs like. A good deal isn’t really a deal if the bag sits uncarried. Plus i am trying to get out of “collector’ mode. Only acquire bags i will regularly carry - except for the occasional amazing Knot lol. Those are in a whole other solar system!

Many thanks to you and @Nibb :flowers: She’s going back to FP!

Ok so it must be some kind of coating too. Def looks it to me, and a very different look/feel compared to old bottega.

Great point. Love vs like. A good deal isn’t really a deal if the bag sits uncarried. Plus i am trying to get out of “collector’ mode. Only acquire bags i will regularly carry - except for the occasional amazing Knot lol. Those are in a whole other solar system!

I think you're making the right choice.:tup:

If you really want a pouch the very first versions were more like transitional pieces from old Bottega to new. The intrecciato was the old style, the colors were the old colors and I believe the leather was very buttery and they probably have the old style tags sewn into the bag. My favorite was the original pouch in the small size I believe just produced in two colors.
Glad you are returning the blue pouch.

If you boxed it up, that’s a telling sign. Doubts doing so are to be expected. If it was me my doubts would be: keeping it helps me to be modern, it was SUCH a good deal, and I dress in muted colors so the pop would be cool. Thing is, you boxed it up. It’d be one thing if you put it aside and noodled. But you boxed it up. Listen to your instinct; it doesn’t fail you :smile:

I think you're making the right choice.:tup:
Me too, and thank you :smile:
If you really want a pouch the very first versions were more like transitional pieces from old Bottega to new. The intrecciato was the old style, the colors were the old colors and I believe the leather was very buttery and they probably have the old style tags sewn into the bag. My favorite was the original pouch in the small size I believe just produced in two colors.
Glad you are returning the blue pouch.
Really?! I did not know that. I wouldn’t mind trying out a buttery pouch in original colors. I did not pay much attention to the pouches when they first came out, so this is new info to me. Its a matter of finding one of these, and in great condition. Thank you for this really helpful info :smile:

If you boxed it up, that’s a telling sign. Doubts doing so are to be expected. If it was me my doubts would be: keeping it helps me to be modern, it was SUCH a good deal, and I dress in muted colors so the pop would be cool. Thing is, you boxed it up. It’d be one thing if you put it aside and noodled. But you boxed it up. Listen to your instinct; it doesn’t fail you :smile:
So true @grietje — thank you for your insight :smile:
As u said - its modern, fun, bright and cheery with my neutral summer dresses. And a great price! But bottom line i didn’t love it. If i had it would not have been boxed up. I feel even more confident of my decision to send it back after reading your post - thank you for your help:smile:

Reactions: muchstuff
Me too, and thank you :smile:

Really?! I did not know that. I wouldn’t mind trying out a buttery pouch in original colors. I did not pay much attention to the pouches when they first came out, so this is new info to me. Its a matter of finding one of these, and in great condition. Thank you for this really helpful info :smile:
Rebag has a couple of original large black pouches in the sold category, good for comparison.

Matthieu Blazy Embraces Big Bags at Bottega Veneta for Spring 2024

Hi everyone :wave:
I was just wondering when will we start seeing some of this collection on the website? Namely the large lauren clutch?
TIA
My guess is that some of those pieces, like the wooden sardine, are just for editorial purposes/super limited (like only 20 pieces world-wide which is the case for the Murano glass sardine from FW23). So you won’t find those ultra exclusive pieces anywhere because the super VIPs would have bought them all already as soon as the runway show ends.

The XL Lauren clutch may be on the same boat. I did however see this pic from a BV fan account featuring a small version in store. Some stores here in Asia are getting some really unique pieces as display. So I don’t know if these small new Laurens are for display only or for sale, probably the former considering the new Lauren is from FW24 so I don’t expect to see stores selling this until September (both in store and online), if it gets any production at all. The stores have just received some stock from SS24 (I bought some runway pieces and am still waiting for the shipment). That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if this small version of Lauren which is far more commercial makes it to production later. So there’s that.
IMG_8922.png

My guess is that some of those pieces, like the wooden sardine, are just for editorial purposes/super limited (like only 20 pieces world-wide which is the case for the Murano glass sardine from FW23). So you won’t find those ultra exclusive pieces anywhere because the super VIPs would have bought them all already as soon as the runway show ends.

The XL Lauren clutch may be on the same boat. I did however see this pic from a BV fan account featuring a small version in store. Some stores here in Asia are getting some really unique pieces as display. So I don’t know if these small new Laurens are for display only or for sale, probably the former considering the new Lauren is from FW24 so I don’t expect to see stores selling this until September (both in store and online), if it gets any production at all. The stores have just received some stock from SS24 (I bought some runway pieces and am still waiting for the shipment). That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if this small version of Lauren which is far more commercial makes it to production later. So there’s that.
View attachment 5978391
Thank you so much for your response!

Matthieu Blazy Embraces Big Bags at Bottega Veneta for Spring 2024

Hi everyone :wave:
I was just wondering when will we start seeing some of this collection on the website? Namely the large lauren clutch?
TIA
Oh wait sorry I misread the article! I thought it’s referring to the FW24…but it’s referring to the SS24!

In that case you can expect the BV site to drop the bags anytime and you can buy them now!! In fact I already bought a rumple small crossbody 1.5 month ago.

For the maxi Lauren it doesn’t look like it’s officially on the BV site yet but other retail sites like Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman already carry them!!! (Often time other retail stores’ website will get stock sooner than BV own official site…yea its strange like that but oh well.)

IMG_8935.png

IMG_8936.png

Reactions: WingNut and Joeli7