Offered a birkin on the spot...

hey all just to share my experience... i bought 5 birkins off the shelves in sydney, tokyo and paris while travelling, without any other purchases. i count myself lucky for that! :yahoo:
but its true that i only got bolides kellys and HACs in singapore (my local boutique) and only until very recently was a birkin offered, and i have been buying lotsa other stuff from the boutique. every store runs a different policy, even within asia. good lucks to all!

Lucky for 5 times:nuts:...so u are so so lucky Lumine..
I'm trying my luck when I visit Paris...meantime, will have to rely on my bro...to check it out for me (he flew there quite frequently for biz)

Is his math correct--a 35 birkin is cheaper in Singapore ($6800) than the US ($7500)?

It's nice to see his excitement.

:nuts:...$6800 (the latest price tag??)..i though it was abt $10- $12K sing dollar..

the recent purchased from 1 forumner 40cm birkin was euro$5600..I'm "estimating" a 35cm birkin would cost abt $4800-$5100 (anyone can verify this)...so if s'pore has birkin for $6800 isn't a whole lot cheaper than Paris:confused1:

I always thought that paris would be the cheapest place to purchase a ..birkin:confused1:

Is his math correct--a 35 birkin is cheaper in Singapore ($6800) than the US ($7500)?

It's nice to see his excitement.

Yes. His math is correct. The blog entry is from about 2 years ago (2005). Sometimes, depending on FX rates, it can be slightly expensive than the US. But the amounts sound about right.

BB is lucky to score a birkin on his trip. Yes, it does happen even if you haven't bought anything before. I asked a girlfriend of mine to check out the H store in London (eons ago!) She walked in, they offered her a black birkin from the back. I gave her my cc to get it for me and she didn't!!! :cursing: (Arrrghhhh!)

None of my girl friends are into H and none of them are enablers - which is just as well...:graucho: I do enough damage on my own...

I literally got dragged out of the H boutique one time by a couple of friends who thought it was ridiculous of me to spend so much money on a bag.... Oh well... needless to say, I never bring any of my friends along when I drop by an H boutique since... they such kill joys!!! ;)

Aren't these bags generally for women? Was this for his girlfriend? I am very liberal but I don't know any guys I know gay or straight who would go this bonkers over a handbag.

Wait till you go to Tokyo! I have seen guys (don't think they're gays) carry the larger birkins and the linen totes. Guys and gals there love designer bags... LV and H are big over there...:graucho:

someone recently told me that one just need to buy one of the Hermes diamond watches & the SA will immediately offer bags... anyone heard of this "myth"?

my hubby went to Japan last year & came home telling me that I had BS him abt how rare hermes kellys & birkins were - as he saw tons of bags sitting in the hermes store.... lol

I guess its easier to get in Japan since a huge bulk of bags are directed there (within asia) - its hermes la-la land there (be it hermes shop or resellers there)

I love to see anyone enjoy a Bag this much after all is that not why we all come to this Happy place. He is very happy and I'm happy for him (No shame in his game!)
pharrellmanbag.jpg

or in his. They both look Happy.

just love him carrying a birkin
is that 40cm orange togo?

Hey

My DH said he would get a travel size birkin for himself one day! :smile:

I can see a travel size for a guy, but I think the 35cm is a bit feminine. I don't honestly remember seeing a man carrying a bag like that. That's just me.

Moving on, I may be vilified for saying this but does anyone get the irony of someone crowing that they were allowed the "privelege" of spending nearly $7,000 on a handbag? If you tried explaining that to someone from outer space, you would have a hard time. The bag is gorgeous but empirically, it's a lot of dosh. That being said, the adventures of Bryanboy are entertaining.