Off to Italy next week with some questions. . .

Jaykeff

Apr 17, 2006
Hi all!

I was wondering if any of you know where I can get a price list for Louis Vuitton in Italy. I have heard it is a bit cheaper than here in the United States, especially with the VAT refund. While we're on that subject, how does Louis Vuitton deal with the VAT refund. Is it pretty straight forward?

If anyone has any information, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm trying to convince myself the price difference there means I can get the Speedy 25 AND a Popincourt Haut and maybe, just maybe the Pastilles Multicolore Chains Key Ring.

Thank you all so much!

Jessica

When I was in Italy a few years ago, it was DEFINITELY cheaper with the VAT refund. I saved around $150 on my Papillon. LV has nothing to do with the VAT - just save your receipt, and bring it to the VAT counter at the last EU airport that you're flying out of, and they can issue your refund there.

I'm going to Italy again in May /07, so if someone else gives you a price list, I'd love to have a copy of it!

My brother just left Europe a few days ago. I asked him to buy a BH for me. It costs 570 euros in Italy, while in Paris it's 550 euros. This is without the 12% tax refund yet. Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you all so much for your replies.

I looked at the prices on the French website and am just figuring that to be around the price in Italy. Just that alone makes it cheaper than the US and that doesn't even include the VAT refund!

I am so excited, next week this time I will have two new, beautiful Louis Vuittons to add to my collection!

Thank you!
Jessica

I am going to Termoli, Italy.

My sister is getting married there next week. I am very excited, but I feel bad because I may be a tiny 'bit' more excited for the new Louis Vuitton purses. :angel:

No one understands my obsession. I am within walking distance of TWO stores here, not including the boutique in Saks, but the thought of saving a few hundred dollars just brings a smile to my face. At least my fiance is not giving me a hard time about our small diversion to Louis Vuitton during our five hours in Rome.

I can't wait!
:yahoo:

hehe i understand your excitement;)
So we'll wait for your next purchases!:yahoo:

if you don't mind me asking, are you Italian-American or your relatives?

Funny enough, no we are not Italian at all!

My sister's fiance is a triathlete and his sponsor is Colavita Olive Oil. For the past five years they've gone to Termoli for triathlons, so they decided to bring 25 of their friends and family there to get married.

It's a long way from California, I hope the airports aren't too crazy and hectic!

Jaykeff said:
Hi all!

I was wondering if any of you know where I can get a price list for Louis Vuitton in Italy. I have heard it is a bit cheaper than here in the United States, especially with the VAT refund. While we're on that subject, how does Louis Vuitton deal with the VAT refund. Is it pretty straight forward?

If anyone has any information, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm trying to convince myself the price difference there means I can get the Speedy 25 AND a Popincourt Haut and maybe, just maybe the Pastilles Multicolore Chains Key Ring.

Thank you all so much!

Jessica

Hey, you and I have the same exact plans! I told myself that if I lost 20lbs by my trip I'd get to treat myself to a Speedy 25 and PH in Paris. If I don't....well, I'd still get to buy a Speedy 25. :lol:

I'll be in Italy too, in Venice/Florence/Rome. I heard Gucci is much cheaper there. I'd love to get my hands on their pricing sheet...

lordguinny said:
Hey, you and I have the same exact plans! I told myself that if I lost 20lbs by my trip I'd get to treat myself to a Speedy 25 and PH in Paris. If I don't....well, I'd still get to buy a Speedy 25. :lol:

I'll be in Italy too, in Venice/Florence/Rome. I heard Gucci is much cheaper there. I'd love to get my hands on their pricing sheet...

Well, apparently you have very good taste! :yes: I'll let you know what I find out about prices and the VAT refund when I get back.

Good luck with losing 20lbs, I think a PH is very good motivation!

Prices in italy is like 5-8% higher than in paris. I was there last june.. My MCTrouville costs 935 euros(890 in paris) my manhattan pm 970 euros(925 in paris) without 12% tax refund yet... so when i got my 12% tax refund at the airport i was still so happy to have saved a lot even at the first i thought i should have bought it all in paris. hope this helps..