Ode to raisin

The new raisin is supposed to be a bit browner or warmer. My older raisin bag is a very cool-toned purple in contrast . . . Looking at the photo of the Kelly, it's a bit developed on the yellow side, so that's part of the warm cast I'm seeing here, but this seems definitely different from my "F"-stamped Trim.

Both are beautiful however!!

I hope that helped, Sparklelisab . . . Other opinions/ideas?

May I please know the production year of your Miss Dalvy in raisin? Funny, I was just looking through some of your older blog posts (big fan of AA) and I saw a mention that you'd already introduced Miss Dalvy, but I never could find the original post on her.

I'm glad to hear you say the raisin in box is definitively a cool-toned purple. I just cannot wear warm tones, and I've been thinking I might have to pass on a raisin in box because I couldn't tell for certain from the photos in this thread whether it read cool or warm. I feel emboldened by your cool endorsement. And I know you know your color wheel ;)

Chevre Raisin bolide (vintage)

attachment.php

My photo is rendering it a bit cool. See post 607 for more accurate color rendition.

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-clubhouse/ode-to-raisin-226477-41.html

Chevre Raisin bolide (vintage)

attachment.php

My photo is rendering it a bit cool. See post 607 for more accurate color rendition.

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-clubhouse/ode-to-raisin-226477-41.html

Thanks for posting this, Lanit. Such good timing:biggrin:

Would you consider your raisin more cool or more warm? I've always thought of raisin as a warm purple, but maybe it's genuinely cool in the older box bags (and I prefer PHW, which makes it appear even more cool, IMHO). I know it exhibits a range of colorations depending on the lighting, but it seems unlikely it could transform from warm to cool and back again. But then I have seen raisin can be quite the chameleon. I'd like to think it will be cool when worn inside, not just out in the sunlight.

Lanit, I saw the pairings you did for Dagnypup, and they helped me to see how well your raisin bolide worked with cooler colors. Thank you for taking the time to do those photos. Love your silks. :love:

Now pardon me while I head to my silk drawer to see how many scarves I have that would pair nicely with raisin in box. Off the top of my head, I have Magic Kelly in purple colorway (may be too much purple), the original Graffiti with a yellow border and some purple, a purple-hemmed 90 cm from the current collection (the name escapes me at the moment).<stay tuned>

I counted a good dozen candidates that have some purple. I'm starting to convince myself!

Reactions: lanit
I did a search, as I thought maybe this had been done already, but came up empty. (Mods, please consolidate if this is a duplicate.)
Here is my small raisin collection, for you raisinettes out there...
The new addition is the 35 Birkin, togo, PH. My first togo bag. Although it smells like clemence!
The others are a Medor pochette in box, and a whitebus (smallest size) also in box.
Raisin is just the most wonderful color. It's a neutral, it's a color...and it changes depending on the lighting.
Please add your raisin photos!

Pepper, may I please know the production year of your TPM raisin White Bus? I am considering a F-stamp box bag in raisin, which will only be useful to me if it is a cool-toned purple, since I cannot wear warm colors.

Many thanks for starting this helpful thread. I've read every post!

So glad I found this thread, I love purple and am considering purchasing a B35 Raisin in Togo? Does the colour vary much with different leathers? Also it's a vintage bag I'm considering from 2008 does it vary much by year?
I've not seen it IRL and I'm worried it won't be purple enough. How purple is it? It's so difficult to tell from photos, they make it look so different

Help please :confused1: