Odd conversation with SA at 866......

I talked to my SA yesterday and I mentioned that I wanted to purchase something before the Feb. price increase and she said that she thinks there will be a price increase in March..... I guess we'll see!!! (I'm gonna buy that "something" in January because I need it now!) :yes:

I talked to my SA yesterday and I mentioned that I wanted to purchase something before the Feb. price increase and she said that she thinks there will be a price increase in March..... I guess we'll see!!! (I'm gonna buy that "something" in January because I need it now!) :yes:

I need alot of pieces too before the increase!!! LOL :nuts:

OMG! I Spoke with him today! I was asking about the MC bandeau, he seemed A BIT snooty to me. Umm I almost wanted to piss him off and just mention the Feb 1st price increase. But I didnt have time! Ahh well.

So this talk of price increases as me wondering -- at what point will the increases stop? Cause honestly, won't LV price themselves out of a large portion of its "entry level" customers -- individuals who buy the occassional wallet, the odd scarf or agenda?

I would think that this is where they get more of their money from than the big ticket purchases. To keep raising prices simply to keep the brand more exclusive seems odd to me from a marketing stance.

OMG! I Spoke with him today! I was asking about the MC bandeau, he seemed A BIT snooty to me. Umm I almost wanted to piss him off and just mention the Feb 1st price increase. But I didnt have time! Ahh well.

That would've been so funny, I feel the need to call and ask for him personally just to ask about the increase.

I have a real low tolerance for rude people and snitches.
:yucky:

So this talk of price increases as me wondering -- at what point will the increases stop? Cause honestly, won't LV price themselves out of a large portion of its "entry level" customers -- individuals who buy the occassional wallet, the odd scarf or agenda?

I would think that this is where they get more of their money from than the big ticket purchases. To keep raising prices simply to keep the brand more exclusive seems odd to me from a marketing stance.

ITA. 5% isn't exactly subtle, as far as price increases go, and it's just enough that you notice something's different about the price vs. what it was just a few months ago. If the Illovo MM goes up in price, I'll have to use a combination of ****** and ELux to make sure I only absorb an additional 1%, and I will absolutely have to get it before the June price increase. At this point, I'm expecting one then, too. I was just thinking yesterday that it won't be long before a Speedy 30 hits the 1K mark.
5%, if they stick with that number, compounds pretty quickly.

Why can't they stagger the price increases so that luggage, bags and accessories are all attacked once a year :P? If they have to raise prices, why 10-15% in one year, as opposed to 9% or something all at once? I wonder if the company has financial targets that they're failing to achieve, and need LV to bail them out/get them back on track. It's hard to get excited about a new bag that keeps going up in price before you finally get to it.

ITA. 5% isn't exactly subtle, as far as price increases go, and it's just enough that you notice something's different about the price vs. what it was just a few months ago. If the Illovo MM goes up in price, I'll have to use a combination of ****** and ELux to make sure I only absorb an additional 1%, and I will absolutely have to get it before the June price increase. At this point, I'm expecting one then, too. I was just thinking yesterday that it won't be long before a Speedy 30 hits the 1K mark.
5%, if they stick with that number, compounds pretty quickly.

Why can't they stagger the price increases so that luggage, bags and accessories are all attacked once a year :P? If they have to raise prices, why 10-15% in one year, as opposed to 9% or something all at once? I wonder if the company has financial targets that they're failing to achieve, and need LV to bail them out/get them back on track. It's hard to get excited about a new bag that keeps going up in price before you finally get to it.

Can you imagine a speedy at $1000??? :wtf:

I think it makes perfect sense, and I'm glad they do it.

This is one way not to end up like another Burberry. They will probably not loose the occasional customer all in all, because LV operates on global basis and the number of people that can afford these items are increasing even faster than they put up their prices. Keeping the items exclusive to the shops is another way, but it's definetly not enough. Already the monogram canvas pattern is "suffering". Profit for Louis Vuitton has increased immensely each year showing that many many people get this brand, and the company should do what they can to keep the Louis Vuitton "dream" alive, if not I think they would loose a lot more than just the occasional customer. Noraml "profit thinking" does not apply to luxury brand if they want to survive in the long term. Everyone that enjoy LV should just be glad they don't follow Hèrmes' strategies. ;)