NYT Critical Shopper at Balenciaga New York

OMG, this article hit my funny bone in HUGE way!!! I love wit like this and since I have never been to BalNY I feel like I have a true-to-life experience now!!

My favorite quote, "WHERE YOU BLEED Timid shoppers, beware. Perhaps it was just astrological, but this may be the most charmless sales staff of any clothing boutique in Manhattan."

I'm going to NYC in December, and I had been planning on going there too. But after some recent events, I have no plans on going to BalNY. I'll just go to Barney's, Bergdorf's, or some place where people won't make fun of a Midwest girl.

Don't you dare shy away from a visit to BalNY!!! You need to experience their charm and hospitality for yourself!! :roflmfao: I'm telling you, there are any number of places for a few quick Martinis before you venture down 22nd St!! :yes: Don't forget to stop at Chelsea Market!! :heart:

This article is hysterical. I laughed until I had tears falling down my face. I've never been to New York City but always thought I would seek out the Balenciaga New York store just to see all the handbags but now I am not so sure. I had heard other people here refer to the industrially cavernous boutique but honestly thought they were exaggerating - obiously not!

I think a label like Balenciaga requires such workers. The clothing isn't made for normal people; naturally, the store does not accomodate such people.

^^ WHAAAAAAAAAAA?!?! :shrugs:...are you saying that a label like balenciaga requires their staff to be a$$holes?!?!...i'm not sure what you mean by "normal people"...but there's a difference between being eccentric & being rude:okay:

^omg, lovely, what happened? And, wtf, what is this, highschool, where the kewl girls make fun of the others? :mad:
I'll be in NYC next week and I'll visit BalNY, I hope I'm not treated like a minor customer.

Danae, I hope you have a great time in NYC, and I hope you have a wonderful visit at BalNY. It may be a wonderful time to go there. The SAs may have had to undergo training under the Balenciaga/Gucci Code of Conduct. ;) My experience happened over me wanting to be placed on the wait list for the Spring 08 colors. I won't go into the ugly little details, but I love that this article surfaced at about the same time.

^^ WHAAAAAAAAAAA?!?! :shrugs:...are you saying that a label like balenciaga requires their staff to be a$$holes?!?!...i'm not sure what you mean by "normal people"...but there's a difference between being eccentric & being rude:okay:

aaa, I think I sensed sarcasm in purplekicks post??

Balenciaga NY=:borg1::borg::shocked: