Nova check - to be discontinued?

My SA at Bloomingdales told me they will be sending out any remaining Nova Check bags back to Burberry this week.

She said she was told the reason why Burberry is discontinuing them is partially to the product. They had a lot of problems with the product (staining, wear issues etc.). She also said Bloomingdales had tons of customer complaints about this line and had a lot of returns.

Too bad, I really liked them. But I kinda understand where she is coming from. They do get very dirty and are hard to clean.

do any of you think nova check is still worth anything since it's discontinued? i'll still continue to carry my nova check shopper...but is it silly to continue using it if the pattern is no longer even being sold??

Is this bag still available in outlets?
Should I buy this bag now that its discontinued? Really confused as I have always admired the classic hip look of this bag.:smile:

Just FYI to anyone looking for Nova Check, Bloomingdales has recently added some online. I also read the outlets have them too, unfortunately there aren't any near me so I was happy I was able to find some at all.

Yes, sad but true. My SA told me at x-mas when I bought my new small waltham in antique white. I had a purse in nova check and he said to hang onto it because it will become a collectors item.

I'm not much of a collector, so I sold it on ebay and updated my self with an LV wallet (pre-owned).

On the plus side, I am delighted that Burberry is letting go of this iconic check. Have you not seen there latest and greatest collection? Full of 'to die for' metallics, shiny studs, rich colours and textures abound.

Great step forward Burberry. I want them all ahahahahh