NOV/DEC our new babie Bals (we need more!)

I did a bit of reading and found references to a violet Lune but they said the colour was darker than eggplant.
The leather is thick and differently textured. It’s not the silky soft leather of eggplant, more the full bodied leather of a structured bag. I don’t know what it is though. it could be the same eggplant dye though I thought the color wasn’t as deep as eggplant on my moto bags. It is a super yummy gorgeous color regardless.
The graining on this reminds me most of the newer, shiny chevre they've used on the ME line. More hearty and less supple, but still lovely.

Reactions: muchstuff
I did a bit of reading and found references to a violet Lune but they said the colour was darker than eggplant.
It's a very matte finish which tends to look lighter, whereas eggplant has a shinier finish which deepens the appearance IMO. I wish I still had mine to photograph side by side with eggplant.

EDIT: nevermind, yuzu got it handled.

Reactions: muchstuff
It's a very matte finish which tends to look lighter, whereas eggplant has a shinier finish which deepens the appearance IMO. I wish I still had mine to photograph side by side with eggplant.

EDIT: nevermind, yuzu got it handled.

So do you think the Lune I have is actually violet instead of eggplant?

And I think the current consensus is that it's chevre?

So do you think the Lune I have is actually violet instead of eggplant?

And I think the current consensus is that it's chevre?
I honestly don't know enough about them. For it to be "eggplant", it would have come out in F/W 2004, and I don't think the Lune bags were out that early. I'm thinking more like late 2006 or 2007 is when I first noticed them, though that doesn't mean they couldn't have been out earlier. If they did come out in 2007, then it would be violet/grape. Don't know about the leather. It doesn't feel like the regular chevre to me, but I could see it being the chevre more like that on the Hamilton or LE/holiday releases in later years, though with a smoother texture.

There was this style Lune, which was the first I'd seen. These are a combination of chevre and calfskin, presumably with the smoother trim parts being calfskin. I don't know for sure about the leather on your style.

Reactions: Brits'n'Pieces