Not happy - attn Annie owners

I think they will prob exchange it for you. Like you said, youve only had it two months and it shouldnt be doing that. Their customer service is usually pretty good.

I do not understand how a leather bag has...plastic on it...and it or the leather peels away? I am not liking this news at all. Will you experienced Mulberry ladies please explain to me? I have a Bayswater and an Antony. Where is it going to peel? And Why?????

TG I don't know if it is plastic, that's the only way I could think of to describe it. It's on the edges of the bag to cover up a raw leather edge, so on the handles and pockets of the Annie. As far as I remember the Bayswater doesn't have any of this on the edges. I haven't got an Anthony, so I couldn't say about that. I have an Elgin with the same finishing on the edges and it hasn't peeled at all, so I think my Annie has some faulty finishing *sobs*.

:sweatdrop: Just seen this thread and rushed off to check my black Annie, no probs as yet, did a quick check on my Phoebe and she is ok too, what a strange thing to be happening, hope they get it sorted for you pronto.

My bays does have the edging, but it is not as thick as the Roxy.
I did notice that my Roxy edging is coming up slightly on the corner of the bag as well, where it is often creased in the dustbag. Also, the pocket part coming up is a corner, so it could just be where it has been creased excessively while being stored away.

TG - agirlinwinter is referring to the 'inking' around the edges of the bag. It will be on the rolled handles of your bayswater and around the edges of your black Antony. i think with use/abrasion the edges may peel a bit- i've had some small bits come off my annie but the general inking/ seal still looks fine.

I sent off my poor Annie today :crybaby:I hope they can fix her.

I'm sure it will work out for you, pain in the butt tho isn't it!

Don't know if this will help anyone out, and obviously for new bags you wouldn't, nor shouldn't have to, but when I fixed up that old Roxy that I bought from ebay she had this problem of peeling rubberised edging and I fixed it with something called 'fray check'. It is a kind of glue used for stopping fabric from fraying, I use it on Mohair...long story. Sometimes it is sold as 'Dolls glue' also, works a treat.

I must be in the minority...but it seems to me that this peeling would be a natural part of the leather aging, drying out... and that on a Roxy, or any Mulberry, it is natural, that's why the leather is so thick and yummy.