No More Bags!

jane said:
Haha. Private education? Are you kidding me? No.

Buying a car for my kid? Again, uh, no. I bought my own car when I was 16. And my kid can pay for their own purse or shoe "addiction."

I don't look at parenthood as some kind of money-losing venture, actually.

I'm attempting to inject humor amongst my 401k and Roth IRA boring finance talk--so I was trying to think of everything possible to rack up that list of why you don't need another purse. ;) Of course, parenthood isn't a money-losing venture--however, it is an investment.

Yeah but I can justify a new purse in so many ways!

Like: I need to buy the one I want before I have the baby, because afterward it won't be so easy to talk myself into it!

I just need to vent before I go shopping there again : I REALLY WANT YOU BAD, IF YOU ARE STILL THERE IT WILL BE TOUGH TO LET YOU GO. WHO IN THERE RIGHT MINDS WILL BUY YOU ANYWAY? SOME STUPID BEADS, THAT'S ALL. sigh.:oh: stupid beads, stupid beads, stupid beads....:cry:

star3777 said:
I just need to vent before I go shopping there again : I REALLY WANT YOU BAD, IF YOU ARE STILL THERE IT WILL BE TOUGH TO LET YOU GO. WHO IN THERE RIGHT MINDS WILL BUY YOU ANYWAY? SOME STUPID BEADS, THAT'S ALL. sigh.:oh: stupid beads, stupid beads, stupid beads....:cry:

RESIST THE EVIL FORCE. BEADS ARE TACKY.

I have almost totally talked myself out of the white MC trouville.

1. I already have the Koala wallet and the MC is more versatile in small accessories.

2. It's just too flashy and attention-grabbing for me.

3. I can't put it on my shoulder and can barely put it on my arm.

4. With that $1400 I could get the Gucci I want and have $800 left over for new bookcases!

etc

wickedassin said:
A Roth IRA is completely separate from your 401k. If you have a 401k through work, it's always good to contribute ESPECIALLY if your employer matches a percentage. By NOT contributing, you're losing out on saving money AND getting MONEY FOR FREE FROM YOUR EMPLOYER. That's huge! You can't contribute 401k money into a Roth though--maybe that's what you were thinking?

A Roth is something completely separate. It's nice b/c the Roth IRA's earnings are ta free and you have the choice as to what to contribute. You're just limited on a particular dollar amount per year. For 2006 the max is $4k. This isn't the golden truth, but my quick research listed the following requirements to open a Roth (HOWEVER, I RECOMMEND YOU CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL):

Any individual who has taxable compensation or self-employment income (earned by sole proprietors and partners) for the year may establish and fund a Roth IRA. To be eligible to make a participant contribution, the individual must have a modified adjusted gross income (MAGI) that is less than a certain amount, depending on the tax-filing status of the individual. Here are the MAGI limits:
  • $160,000 for individuals who are married and file a joint tax return.
  • $10,000 for individuals who are married, lived with their spouse at anytime during the year, and file a separate tax return.
  • $110,000 for individuals who file as single, head of household, or married filing separately and did not live with his or her spouse at any time during the year.

OK, I am pretty sure that's what I was thinking about. Money matters boggle my mind. :wacko:

jane said:
I have almost totally talked myself out of the white MC trouville.

1. I already have the Koala wallet and the MC is more versatile in small accessories.

2. It's just too flashy and attention-grabbing for me.

3. I can't put it on my shoulder and can barely put it on my arm.

4. With that $1400 I could get the Gucci I want and have $800 left over for new bookcases!

etc

EXACTLY. Plus the Trouville just looks like you bought a makeup bag and are trying to pass it off as a purse. Gucci + bookcases is a better idea.

wickedassin said:
A Roth IRA is completely separate from your 401k. If you have a 401k through work, it's always good to contribute ESPECIALLY if your employer matches a percentage. By NOT contributing, you're losing out on saving money AND getting MONEY FOR FREE FROM YOUR EMPLOYER. That's huge! You can't contribute 401k money into a Roth though--maybe that's what you were thinking?

A Roth is something completely separate. It's nice b/c the Roth IRA's earnings are ta free and you have the choice as to what to contribute. You're just limited on a particular dollar amount per year. For 2006 the max is $4k. This isn't the golden truth, but my quick research listed the following requirements to open a Roth (HOWEVER, I RECOMMEND YOU CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL):

Any individual who has taxable compensation or self-employment income (earned by sole proprietors and partners) for the year may establish and fund a Roth IRA. To be eligible to make a participant contribution, the individual must have a modified adjusted gross income (MAGI) that is less than a certain amount, depending on the tax-filing status of the individual. Here are the MAGI limits:
  • $160,000 for individuals who are married and file a joint tax return.
  • $10,000 for individuals who are married, lived with their spouse at anytime during the year, and file a separate tax return.
  • $110,000 for individuals who file as single, head of household, or married filing separately and did not live with his or her spouse at any time during the year.

Oh definetly! I am almost positive hubby has the max taken out for his 401K. He also has stock options which helps. I know we could stand to do more though....:sad:

Bjara said:
So is glitter. Go and buy a jar. :P ...Hey, didn't I just say I was going to bed? LOL

Bjara <--------who loves sparkly things!

YES. But then you'd spend money. No jars of glitter. Just free fireworks, shiny pieces of metal that you can find on the ground, and all those shiny pennies, dimes, nickels, and quarters you can collect.

Bjara said:
So is glitter. Go and buy a jar. :P ...Hey, didn't I just say I was going to bed? LOL

Bjara <--------who loves sparkly things!

My eyes are spinning!:lol: GOODNIGHT LADIES! Dreaming in shiny star world....Gucci Gucci Goo!:lol: