Newspaper Saddle Bag

ostag

Jan 3, 2021
I received a message from my SA letting me know she received one of the newspaper print bags in today. I have always admired this style of bag, but it felt impractical for my life (and age). I have not stopped thinking about this print since I saw it. It feels timeless to me. I’d love any advice from those in their 40’s that have (and love or hate) their Saddlebag. I have many other bags on my wish list, but worry this bag will be the one that got away if I don’t snag it. Thank you - I plan on visiting the store tomorrow to see it in person.

If you love it, then you should get it. It’s stunning. I wear my men’s saddle bag (adjustable ergonomic seat belt strap all the time). I’m 56 :smile: The first tranche of this bag is basically practically pre sold. So, I believe you are one of the lucky ones, congrats

I received a message from my SA letting me know she received one of the newspaper print bags in today. I have always admired this style of bag, but it felt impractical for my life (and age). I have not stopped thinking about this print since I saw it. It feels timeless to me. I’d love any advice from those in their 40’s that have (and love or hate) their Saddlebag. I have many other bags on my wish list, but worry this bag will be the one that got away if I don’t snag it. Thank you - I plan on visiting the store tomorrow to see it in person.
I assume it's this one?

Saddle.jpg

Sometimes people are bolder when they're younger, but sometimes we have to wait to give ourselves permission to express who really are.

Think of it as an archive piece. It's an absolute ICON.

When I was younger, I was very 'arty' and/or high-fashion, but not really street-cool like many of my friends. I feel like I'm cooler now than when I was an actual rock star :biggrin:. I just bought a reissue Bal Le City, I think a lot of the contextual 'model-off-duty' connotations of the LC have gone and actually feel a lot less pressure.

I have a (non-mini) black leather saddle from the first time around, it's been such a good evening/occasion bag. I think the newspaper print would be TDF dressed-up or with minimal effort. The print would make an outfit.

I’m a few years away from 40 and I don’t own a saddle bag but I wanted to chime in and say this bag is such an iconic piece. I say go for it. I’m not the biggest saddle bag fan (just doesn’t do it for me personally) but this print and the bag are a perfect mix.

Oh I’m sad you didn’t love it. But we have to take what we love and I’m sure you’ll take something you will love even more. :smile:
I am 40 now and just got the bag, I did the pre order with my SA to make sure I got it as this for me is an icon. I already have a yellow saddle bag which I love (wore it to a concert last night and is actually more practical than I initially thought).
But the newspaper print is iconic and since I couldn’t get the original. Love the embossed print, the texture in the leather gives it such a nice vibe. I initially thought the same about the black longer strap but when I saw it someone I think it works.
I picked it up on Thursday and can’t wait to wear it.

Attachments

• IMG_3804.jpeg
    IMG_3804.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 61
Oh I’m sad you didn’t love it. But we have to take what we love and I’m sure you’ll take something you will love even more. :smile:
I am 40 now and just got the bag, I did the pre order with my SA to make sure I got it as this for me is an icon. I already have a yellow saddle bag which I love (wore it to a concert last night and is actually more practical than I initially thought).
But the newspaper print is iconic and since I couldn’t get the original. Love the embossed print, the texture in the leather gives it such a nice vibe. I initially thought the same about the black longer strap but when I saw it someone I think it works.
I picked it up on Thursday and can’t wait to wear it.
Congratulations! It really is a special bag.

Reactions: amdmarques
Couldn't agree more. The older I get the more daring I'm being with my choices. Good luck deciding. Hope to see some modelling pics if you go try it on.
Yes, same here. The older I get, I less I care about what others think. No, I don't mean wear my pajamas out the door.

I just get more adventurous with fashion, with color, because hey, fashion IS supposed to be fun!