Newer Stuff Hitting the Outlets Sooner?

well, i keep the tags on my bags for a couple of weeks to let th excitement wear off hten decide if i am going to keep it or not. like the turquoise ergo tote, bought it loved it, exchanged it and tomorrow, i will be at the outlet at opening in search of it.
some bags may never make it there though, especially the hot sellers. so, if you are absolutely loving it, get it so you won't dream about it later and hold onto it for a little while to see what is gonna happen.
i'm excited! the outlet is closer to me than the boutique...

I would be SO mad if I just payed full price or even 25% off (w/ PCE) and saw a bag at an outlet. Like I was contemplating getting the watercolor tote with PCE or waiting for 4th of July to hit the outlet. It's like a game, you know? If I wait until 4th of July, and it's not there, then PCE will be over. UGH. Anyways, back to topic! I think Coach is making a mistake because (Although I LOVE going to the outlet and getting good deals) the bags are losing their "exclusiveness" or "edge" because they are so limited anymore. I always thought a "Factory Store" got seconds or leftovers. I guess Coach has changed their tactics.

It used to be (back in the day), that outlets, in general, sold seconds, made for outlets only items, returns, or damaged goods. But now, across the board, especially with Coach, the stuff hits the outlets so much faster. Frankly, I was shocked when I saw those green Hampton totes hit the outlets a month ago. And I was taken aback when the patchwork hobos and pastel scribble bags hit the outlets last August for $80.

I would be SO mad if I just payed full price or even 25% off (w/ PCE) and saw a bag at an outlet. Like I was contemplating getting the watercolor tote with PCE or waiting for 4th of July to hit the outlet. It's like a game, you know? If I wait until 4th of July, and it's not there, then PCE will be over. UGH. Anyways, back to topic! I think Coach is making a mistake because (Although I LOVE going to the outlet and getting good deals) the bags are losing their "exclusiveness" or "edge" because they are so limited anymore. I always thought a "Factory Store" got seconds or leftovers. I guess Coach has changed their tactics.
i have a feeling the watercolor stuff will be at the outlets VERY soon! i was going to go to the outlets over memorial day weekend and the SA told my mom that they had already gotten in tons of the spring patchwork!!

Huh, I wondered about that. I did not expect to find my Legacy Pouch at an Outlet (not that I'm complaining..hee hee), but I would have thought it would have been a little longer than 3 or 4 months.

I have to agree. There was one or two bags that I got her and saw at an outlet the next season. I was super pissed. If I didn't have standing 25% off at the store I go to :drool: I would have written a letter or two. Thats one reason why I always look in the book first before I look on the shelves. I know things are a little more expensive but I know they are going to sell out.

Another thing I do is have the manager call me when ever any item gets super low. If I she likes it we pull the trigger if not well.

I just picked up the larger (not the diaper) nylon hamptons tote in black. The next day, it's been deleted. I love the bag, but I'm keeping it in the box with the tags on for a while just in case I see it at the outlet in the next few weeks. I'm sure some might disagree with my choice to return it if I do find it, but at the same time Coach is doing it to themselves! If I knew that they wouldn't be out till next summer, it would already be untagged and filled! So what if it was only $150 at PCE? If I can get both the black and the blue for that price (or even a little more), why not? Either that or the Macy's near me already has them on clearance for 25% off... so it shouldn't be too long till they are at 50% off. Does anyone else feel this way too? I'm beginning to think outlet only is the way to go... even though I :heart: my SA!

i seriously feel bad for those who JUST paid retail for ergos or the cotton carly.

:tdown: to coach right now.

ITA! When I told the SA at the outlet that I just bought an ergo last year, she said, "Girl, you better return it and come buy it here."

That really sucks. Between bad customer service, problems/defects with bags and accessories and now the whole outlet thing, Coach has been severely upsetting me lately.

I can't imagine what Coach is thinking by implementing this method. I wonder why they are doing it this way now-is it because they keep bringing out so many newer bags that they need to delete the old ones faster? I haven't been into Coach long enough to be able to gauge it for myself. What did they used to do wth older bags to make it longer before they hit the outlets?

:cursing::cursing::cursing:

This totally pisses me off too... they should have styles AT LEAST 2 years old, keep their "outlet only" styles, and have seconds.. and the random "lucky" return.

And w/PCE-- they should just mark all their bags down 25%... and you can buy it full price. Honestly. :Push:

Ugh! Of course I bought a Ergo tote full price at the beginning of April. I have gotten lots of use out of it but the thought that less than 3 months later it's almost 1/2 the price!! Give me a break! :tdown:
This should definitely help on my ban!

I agree with most of you girls.:yes:

I couldn't believe it when I saw the Ergos at the outlet on Wed. already!:wtf:

I'm sticking to outlet shopping, which I enjoy very much and have for the past year and a half.
I LOVE bargains!:yes: