New Violet and Yellow Colors for Fall - How Bright is TOO Bright?

i would soooooooooo go for the jaune!! Hayley- Dr. rey's wife on dr. 90210 has this marigold twiggy that i drool over every time i see her carrying it :heart: so i'd totally go for a yellow twiggy... only thing is the handles...

For all you members with the really bright colors -- eggplant, magenta, turquoise, marigold, etc. -- how do you do it? How do you LIVE UP TO THE COLOR OF THE BAG?

hey highglossfinish - I thought I'd answer your question... :graucho: I have a Turq 05 First (my dreamy :love: ) How do I do it? I'm very much a casual person - clothes, life etc... my motto at the moment is, "LIFE IS GOOD, LIVIN' LOUD" so I'd like to think that my Turq 05 First is apart of my LIVIN' LOUD - I just love the brightness of this colour!!! I'm not very good at the whole matching - matching thing but I feel I live up to the colour! At the end of the day wear your B-Bag your way and wear it with pride!!! :wlae: WOOP WOOP weeeeeeeeee!!!
LOL - haven't a clue if that answers anything!!! BUT the new colours for the next season don't get me all excitied for some unknown reason :sweatdrop:

I wear a lot of black, and my bbags are brown and black. I am finding myself in desperate need of a bright colour or two or three....cause i am really a 'bright colours' person:smile:

I personally do not really like bbags in the bright colors and I would consider these bright. I think what appeals to me about bbags is that they are understated and when they are bright, they are definitely not understated. I also like the whole vintage look of bbags and with the more subtle (often older) bags in the older colors, the color looks like it is a part of the leather (dyed) as opposed to looking like it is painted. I haven't had nor have I heard of many peeling or drying issues with older bags (which btw makes me think the dying process has changed) and I think that is a product of the old leather and the older colors. A perfect example is lilac. I think both the '03 and '04 lilac look so much more natural than the '06 and this new color. The older lilac bags have just so much more variation in both the leather and color. That being said, I think many of the brighter colors are pretty and I prefer this jaune to marigold and this violet to eggplant because these new colors seem more muted. Problem is that I think the leather on the eggplant and marigold is better so that would maybe swing my vote if I had to choose between these colors. But if I (personally) were to choose a purple or a yellow, I would always pick '03/'04 lilac or '04 anis (edited to add -- I forgot about mustard. If I were to go for more of a yellow than anis, I much prefer that color and of course, the leather and the silver hardware).

The only colors I have in my bbag collection are '03 blue, '04 anis and rouille. I think the anis and the blue still have that vintage look. The rouille doesn't but I love anything rust colored so it is a keeper.

I'm loving both these colors, and I usually steer clear of things I consider too loud or bright. The Jaune would accent a black/grey/beige wardrobe quite nicely, and the Violet would go with anything from blacks to jeans to just about anything else, IMO! I will definitely check them both out and see how the leather is in the fall:yes:

Totally agree with 'A' slinks :yes: :yes: :yes: :love:

Hey trama, perhaps this Violet can compensate for the Eggplant you've been looking for, non? :yes: :yahoo:

Oh yes my dear monsoon, it was my first thought. My second thought was for all the money I would save in doing so. I am really enthousiast about these new Violet and Yellow. I hope I will be blessed to find both in city size without problem!

the violet doesnt seem to bright from the pics.. but i would have to say i really like the yellow.. i would have to see them in real life though to reallly know