New to Coach--need a great work bag!

Thanks Finecabernet...you've been a great help thus far!

I like having the option to order from different macy's...and I like the tote you mentioned but I would really prefer it in black simply because my suit is black and I'd like to keep things consistent with my accessories. Great idea, though, thanks for offering that possibility!

Another reason I like the signature Carly in brass/khaki/black is that it's not ALL black but has black trim so I could potentially wear it with my black suit or all the browns I have in my wardrobe. I'm just planning to wear a crisp white blouse with french cuffs under my suit jacket and black heels, so adding the signature khaki print with black leather trim I thought would be a great combo with my all-black suit and heels. Can you guys tell I'm really leaning toward that Carly???

You always feel more confident carrying what you love and what you think will be best. I think you have your heart set on that Carly, so it would be foolish for you to buy anything else!

Some other ideas...

I also like the Hamptons business tote as others have posted...very understated and elegant! at $458, it's not too out of your price range either :graucho:

10531_B4BK-1_d2.jpg

I also vote for the Hamptons Pebbled Leather Tote. I have it in black (business) and in coral red (large) and they are perfect. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they came in three different sizes.

Personally, (just my opinion) I wouldn't wear signature anything for interviews. There are those who might find it pretentious, whereas leather is more sophisticated and timeless.

Good luck!!

I forgot to mention that if you wear a lot of black or brown, a red bag could help you stand out. Especially in the fashion industry where you can be a little more edgy. I wear a lot of dark and neutral colors and love the pop of a red bag.

Anyway, have fun and just get what you love!!

I have the hamptons pebbled leather business tote from last year. I got it at the outlet last May for interviews. It's a great bag and has nice details. It has buttons on the side that I can open up to make it wider on top. It was like more than half off at the outlet. I got it for $199 plus tax.

5749_d1.jpg

I would recommend going to the outlet if you get a chance this week. I know I have seen this year's version of the pebbled business tote at the outlet and it was definitely a lot cheaper there. You can even call the outlet before you go and see if they have any. If they do, put one on hold. They will hold it for 48 hours! :yes:

Ok, advice is being gladly taken here! Love the idea of a red bag, and I "get it" that leather is probably a more polished, prof. look than signature...

Why, oh why, can't the Carly have red leather detailing right now? Didn't i just see a thread where that was coming out in August or am I crazy? I got the catalog today and didn't see it...

Going to the outlet tomorrow if possible! Thanks again everyone, you are SO helpful!:tup:

Look at the med. or large "carry-all". I have a large black signature (2006) and med. red leather (fall 2006 outlet). I love them for business. The reason I got the large signature, was due to the weight of my bag when I need my laptop.

I agree with most of the girls, it sounds like you have your hear set on carly.. I just got a large chocolate and I LOVE her! I think if you don't have to worry about a bag that is more structured this is a great bag! :tup: I also don't know anyone that worries about their jewelry w/ their bag hardware... so I would be fine with that!

I have a bag similar to the Hamptons business tote (it's the vintage carryall) which fits files, pens, wallet, etc. I have used it for interviews and recieved compliments. Plus, you can use it as a great bag!! I feel like it has a classic chic look!!

Definitely a Hampton Business Tote or a simple gallery tote. If the full price ones are outside your price range then check out the outlet (there's a coach outlet in Aurora) for one. Very simple clean lines. Timeless bags.